Post by i2Paq » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:47 am

imadam wrote:wow looking great. some nice additions to the system. i've not followed opencart for a year or so now so great to see it's moving on really well and is still the greatest open cart system.

roll on monday

edit: slightly off topic but thought it didn't need a new thread for the question. i'm looking to being the first stages of a new online shop using open cart in the coming days. the business wont be ready to trade for months at least but i want to start the online promotion asap and start getting seo rolling and the site design done.

would it be best to use the latest stable version of opencart now and then upgrade to 1.5 later when it's released, or would waiting for 1.5 unstable version now be best and then upgrade to 1.5 later when it get patched etc before i start trading? the downside to 1.5 unstable now is if we start trading before 1.5 is stable then we've got a buggy store, but if we use a previous version now will we have extra work in the future when we could just wait a few more days?
its always funny how these kind of questions show up in a tread that is abouy screenshots then turn into a feature request topic and before you know it we are talking about release dates and if we should start with 1.4.9.x or wait on 1.5.x.

This topic has moved away from its original course, time to close it.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands