Post by Qphoria » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:27 pm

FIXES:
- Fixed additional email for loop issue causing "Please Wait" and "Error Send To Required"
- Improved featured products query to make all status checks and return all pertinent data to match latest and bestseller queries.
- If no shipping, tax zone set to buyer's payment zone instead of default store zone
- Session uses full path for session to prevent session sharing
- Removed unneeded products variable from admin order.php
- Removed error on empty language file
- admin/controller/catalog/review.php double text validation cleaned up
- Admin Order Edit now supports product options & updated totals
- Guest Shipping address wasn't matching with tax zones
- Ability to bypass login to see price setting
- "Error, Send To required" fix
- "Please Wait" hanging because of email issue fixed
- Sorting issues with price

ADDED:
- Feature Module uses category-style selector for products
- Extension install/uninstall hook. Now when you install/uninstall extensions, if they have their own install/uninstall functions, they will be triggered.
- Logout destroys session completely.
- sort by model
- Cache for featured products
- Cache for categories
- Image class supports proper extension name on resize and transparency for png and gif.
- Extensions will "self-clean" if the files are deleted without uninstalling the extension first.
- Restored "Show Out Of Stock warning" option in setting
- Parent Category pages show image next to description
- Select All / Unselect All to all checkbox lists
- Postcode required by default now on all account, address, and guest address pages
- Coupon code can be entered on Payment AND Confirm page, for those payments that skip the payment page
- New Paypal Improved. Itemized products, PDT support, debug messaging and more.
- Added Northern Ireland zones to UK
- Warning about install folder displayed in admin area header

NOTES:
- Admin Order "Entry" is NOT included and will not be for 1.4.x. There are mods available to help admins enter orders. ([Contrib] Master Password Override)
- Admin Order "Edit" is completely redesigned to focus on the products. Ajax is used to update the product list instantly. However, to see updated totals, you will need to refresh the page. I will see if I can get that added before final release, but it is not a priority. No other fields are editable at this time. If it really a desired option I will see about quickly adding editing addresses to the next RC release.
- Admin Order "Edit" converts all prices to the currency of the original order for convenience.
- Admin Order "Edit" offers a free form Tax field. It adds to the actual product total but not to the the actual tax total. This means the tax line won't update but the main total will still be correct. This is due to the way that totals are stored in opencart order_total table. There is no discernible way to track which of the totals is the tax.

Let me know if there are any issue in either this thread or the "[RC2 ONLY] Post any OpenCart 1.4.9 RC2 Bugs here!" thread :)

DOWNLOAD HERE

File Changes from v1.4.9-RC1 to v1.4.9-RC2 only
changes_149RC1_to_149RC2.png

changes_149RC1_to_149RC2.png (85.77 KiB) Viewed 10739 times

Last edited by i2Paq on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Made Global + Added Master Mod

Administrator

Post by edwinjung » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Yay RC2!

Post by VotreEspace » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:54 pm

Qphoria wrote:FIXES:
no more shared cart if modified to take domains cookie as .domain.com ?
because I need shared cart, so i should not update ?

VotreEspace Services Internet (Français)
VotreEspace Services Internet (english)

Location - Quebec city, Quebec, Canada

Post by Brook » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:59 am

Thank you for listing the files that have changed between v149 RC1 and v149 RC 2.

Were there any "database" changes that need to be made to work with v149 RC 2?

Post by Qphoria » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:57 am

VotreEspace wrote:
You should still update. If you need to reenable this "bug" then you can simply change it in the system/library/session.php file.
Brook wrote:Thank you for listing the files that have changed between v149 RC1 and v149 RC 2.

Were there any "database" changes that need to be made to work with v149 RC 2?
only the adding of norther ireland zones to UK

Administrator

Post by Rob » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:44 am

Thank you for focus on stability instead of new features in this version. That is great to see how you narrowing down, tune the 1.4.9 to get the best result. Release candidates was a very good idea. I would like to emphasize that there are people who waits for stable version, possible to use in production.

Rob

Post by mystifier » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Returned from a few weeks holiday to see that 1.4.9 RC2 is out. This will be my first Opencart upgrade experience that will provide a good chance to renconcile (and document!) my numerous hacks and extensions.

Is there a changelog or list of changed files from 1.4.8b to 1.4.9 RC2?

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by Qphoria » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:53 pm

mystifier wrote:Returned from a few weeks holiday to see that 1.4.9 RC2 is out. This will be my first Opencart upgrade experience that will provide a good chance to renconcile (and document!) my numerous hacks and extensions.

Is there a changelog or list of changed files from 1.4.8b to 1.4.9 RC2?
change log is right up top of the page
changed files between 1.4.8b and 1.4.9 will come with 1.4.9 final

Administrator

Post by wowo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:12 pm

when do you target to have 149 final out?

wo

Post by Qphoria » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 pm

August 27th, 2010

Administrator

Post by edwinjung » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:14 am

mystifier wrote:What time? 8)
lol EXACT time?

Just kidding, but August 27th is pretty fast, loving the speed of these updates :P

Post by jty » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:25 am

Qphoria wrote:
VotreEspace wrote:
You should still update. If you need to reenable this "bug" then you can simply change it in the system/library/session.php file.
Q, do we also change it in startup.php ?
Why do we have two of them ? Is it startup.php or session.php that starts a session ? I'm looking for where the cookie is first set.
Thanks again. Sorry to ask for the bug back. LOL.

jty

Post by Johnathan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:21 am

Can I ask why the /system/library/tax.php file was changed from 1.4.8b to 1.4.9RC1, then changed back in 1.4.9RC2? This portion was removed then restored:

Code: Select all

if ($this->config->get('config_tax')) {
    $country_id = $this->config->get('config_country_id');
    $zone_id = $this->config->get('config_zone_id');
} else { 
The only reason I ask is because I have a module coming up that needs to mirror this function, and I wanted to make sure this wasn't an oversight. Thanks!

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Johnathan wrote:Can I ask why the /system/library/tax.php file was changed from 1.4.8b to 1.4.9RC1, then changed back in 1.4.9RC2? This portion was removed then restored:

} else { 
The only reason I ask is because I have a module coming up that needs to mirror this function, and I wanted to make sure this wasn't an oversight. Thanks!
Because the new cart sidebox showed all totals, it was defaulting to the store's tax rate. In previous versions, you never noticed because total was only calculated on the confirm page.
So in 1.4.8b I changed it to default to 0 for the country and zone so that no tax rate would show. But then people who had "Display prices with tax" weren't getting taxes. So I had to adjust it again.

1.4.9RC2 is the right way.

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks for the response, I'll use the RC2 version then.

Just a thought, wouldn't it be better to have the tax load from the customer's default address rather than the store address? And then if the customer wasn't logged in, use the store address. I'm not sure how you'd change the tax.php file, since it loads before the model files you'd need to find out the customer's address, but maybe you know how.

Or, I guess you could just set the session data when the customer logs in. Would there be any negative side to doing that? If not, I'd think it'd be pretty easy to add in.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by lashman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:21 pm

HI,
Now that Post Codes are compulsary, would like to know whats best for Republic of Ireland, only Dublin have post codes so other towns will have to input at least two letters/numbers, N/A would would work fine but would the punters know this? any sugestions?
Lashman

Location - North Yorkshire

Post by Daniel » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:53 pm

lashman wrote:HI,
Now that Post Codes are compulsary, would like to know whats best for Republic of Ireland, only Dublin have post codes so other towns will have to input at least two letters/numbers, N/A would would work fine but would the punters know this? any sugestions?
Lashman
don;t worry postcodes are not gong to be compulsary.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Johnathan wrote:Thanks for the response, I'll use the RC2 version then.

Just a thought, wouldn't it be better to have the tax load from the customer's default address rather than the store address? And then if the customer wasn't logged in, use the store address.
That is exactly what it does

Lets walk through the code together:

// If the customer's default address is set because they just logged in or just signed up, use it
if (isset($this->session->data['country_id']) && isset($this->session->data['zone_id'])) {
    $country_id = $this->session->data['country_id'];
    $zone_id = $this->session->data['zone_id'];
} else {
    // Otherwise, if they are not logged in and display prices with tax = YES, then show the store tax (i.e. VAT)
    } else { //Otherwise, if they are not logged in and display prices with tax = NO, then show NO tax (e.g. USA)
        $country_id = 0;
        $zone_id = 0;
    }
} 

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:40 pm

Daniel wrote:
lashman wrote:HI,
Lashman
don;t worry postcodes are not gong to be compulsary.
90% of the world requires them
You want to focus on the 10% that don't
It is harder to make it required than not required from a modding standpoint so having it required is better.
But we will never agree so I will add an admin option to require/not require the postcode for 1.4.9Final.

Administrator