Post by Qphoria » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:08 pm

I will include a list of files that changed

Administrator

Post by Brook » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:58 am

Maybe someone can explain how this is suppose to work in v149 rc1...

I notice that there is a new "+" sign image to the right of a product price on the home page and any other product page.

If I hover my mouse over the "+" sign image I see a tool tip stating "Add to Cart"
If I click on the "+" sign image I am taken to the product page corresponding to the product. And of course I can add the product to my shopping cart on the product page by clicking the "Add to Cart" button

Here's my question...
Not sure I understand what the purpose of the new "+" sign image is? I guess I would think that on the click of the "+" sign image the product would be added to my shopping cart. What is suppose to happen once a user clicks the "+" sign image?

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:07 am

That only happens for products with option values, if they don't have options the product is immediately added

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Brook » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:42 am

Thank you for the reply, I guess that makes sense. Since all of my products have option values, how can I remove the "+" sign image from displaying next to the price of every product?

Post by Brook » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:15 am

Is it safe to say that all v148 and v148b OpenCart Modules are compatible with v149 ?

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:59 am

Pretty sure all standard modules are compatible, as for third party ones, there's no guarantees but most should be, and any changes will be minimal

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Qphoria » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:54 am

Yea.. there should be no changes to 99% of 3rd party modules

Administrator

Post by Brook » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:53 am

Just noticed this, when I am on my site v149 RC1, might just be my install, not sure...

If I click on a product category all the products for the category display in the main window as expected.(Shop by Category)

The problem is that the products display in a random order. I really need to have the products display by Product Name in ascending order. Where do I need to make a change so that all my products are displayed in ascending order by product name?

Post by Moggin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:05 am

Brook wrote:Just noticed this, when I am on my site v149 RC1, might just be my install, not sure...

If I click on a product category all the products for the category display in the main window as expected.(Shop by Category)

The problem is that the products display in a random order. I really need to have the products display by Product Name in ascending order. Where do I need to make a change so that all my products are displayed in ascending order by product name?
Hi Brook,
This was the case in 1.4.8 too; and I also needed products in alphabetical order. I think the place to change this is in catalog/controller/product/category.php. Around line 76, find

Code: Select all

if (isset($this->request->get['sort'])) {
                $sort = $this->request->get['sort'];
            } else {
                $sort = 'p.sort_order';
            } 
change p.sort_order to pd.name as follows:

if (isset($this->request->get['sort'])) {
                $sort = $this->request->get['sort'];
            } else {
                $sort = 'pd.name';
            } 
But note, I've only done this in 1.4.8b, not 1.4.9RC1. So backup, try it, see if it works.

To answer your other question about removing the small add to cart button - ie the '+' sign - you could try taking the whole link out of the templates in catalog/view/theme/YOUR_THEME/template/product/category.tpl and template/module/<module_name>.tpl

<a class="button_add_small" href="<?php echo $products[$j]['add']; ?>" title="<?php echo $button_add_to_cart; ?>" ></a>

Post by Purebeads » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:20 pm

In the road map, it says that 1.4.9 will have the wish list feature. Will that be included?

Post by i2Paq » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Purebeads wrote:In the road map, it says that 1.4.9 will have the wish list feature. Will that be included?
Nope, the 1.4.9 will be bug-fixes mainly and some small new features.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by mith » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi,
first - thanks for your great job.

I have a question.
It's possible to display prices with taxes without login or select country in checkout process?

I have checked "Display Prices With Tax" in shop settings, but it seems not working.
In 1.4.8 this work properly.

P.S. Sorry for my english - I'm still learning.

Post by JJJaved » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Sort By: Options showing Rating Highest/Rating Lowest when Reviews are disable.

Location - Cardiff - UK

Post by Qphoria » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:29 pm

v1.4.9 RC2 has been released.
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18920

Please post any new bugs in the RC2 bug thread:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?p=93102#p93102

Administrator