Post by reflections » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Thanks a lot!

Post by phenomena » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:25 pm

What about the stand-alone extensions?

For example one of my extension is stand-alone application, it does not touch any core files, does not modify DB (create it's own tables), has it's own admin interface, but it cannot be installed in the Extensions Folder, this is just separate folder in the store root with it's own interface, rewrite rules etc.

Another ones extensions also need to create separate folders in the store's root directory

Will such software be allowed on the cloud?

Opencarting

Location - Ukraine

Post by phenomena » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Daniel wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:04 pm
4. All extension should have a admin page that allows configuration.
Another one question, if the extension is just an utility and has no any configuration settings, should it have an admin page anyway?

Opencarting

Location - Ukraine

Post by thekrotek » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:53 pm

I know, that nobody will listen anyway, but adding Twig for templates seems a bad solution to me. Now we basically have to learn new half-language, which repeats most PHP functions, but uses different syntax.

Why Joomla doesn't use Twig?
Why WordPress doesn't use Twig?
Why Drupal doesn't use Twig?
Why no other major framework uses Twig?

OpenCart engine is quite lightweight and doesn't require any acceleration, which Twig offers.

But, like I said, nobody will listen anyway and Twig will stay like OCMod, despite that majority still use VQMod. Hope somebody will create some kind of PHP/Twig converter.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Daniel was going to leave it so that twig and php could be used in templates, but he has dropped that now I think, and rightly so as it would be pointless using twig if allowing php anyway. The main use case for twig is the added security.

Twig is used in major frameworks, see Symphony, Craft CMS, etc, so it's use is quite widespread in major frameworks.

It really is ultra simple to learn and convert existing templates. The couple of times I hit a wall converting one of my main extensions, I found answers immediately. I do quite like it personally.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by ashwani_multi » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:52 am

Sorry if I am asking wrong question
Q: In New opencart 3.0 will ocmod work or not ?
Q: if ocmod work can i change core file or I need use event ?
Q: in my some module own file in catalog or own folder can I do New version ?

Thank you

Opencart Quick checkout
View All modules
Any opencart issue contact me at support@opencartextensions.in

Thank you

Location - Ludhiana,Punjab,India

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:49 am

1. OCMoD will work, yes
2. Best to use events if possible
3. I didn't understand yourquestion

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by ashwani_multi » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:49 am

Thank you for reply

3. Like I have header module admin file in catalog/tmdheader.php
Front end
Catalog/common/tmdheader.php

Another module gallery/gallery.php

Will this work or need do something with this

Opencart Quick checkout
View All modules

Thank you

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:37 pm

ashwani_multi wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:49 am
Thank you for reply

3. Like I have header module admin file in catalog/tmdheader.php
Front end
Catalog/common/tmdheader.php

Another module gallery/gallery.php

Will this work or need do something with this
You won't have access to the catalog folder other than catalog/controller/extension.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by ashwani_multi » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:15 pm

i think at least give option to make own folder

Opencart Quick checkout
View All modules

Thank you

Post by lz1nud » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:05 pm

Installed alpha release, but can't login, give me this at the bottom of login screen:

Warning: fopen(/sess_feba13aeea74ee5cd581ce8b85): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wysaajug/public_html/test/03/system/library/session.php on line 47Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/wysaajug/public_html/test/03/system/library/session.php on line 49Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/wysaajug/public_html/test/03/system/library/session.php on line 51Warning: fflush() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/wysaajug/public_html/test/03/system/library/session.php on line 53Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/wysaajug/public_html/test/03/system/library/session.php on line 55Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/wysaajug/public_html/test/03/system/library/session.php on line 57

Sky-Mag Bulgaria

Location - Bulgaria

Post by phpscript7 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:11 pm

Daniel wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:04 pm
We plan to release the cloud in the next few weeks. It is very important that as many extension developers have their extensions ready to work on the cloud as possible.

You can download the latest version from the opencart dev branch.

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tree/dev

In the latest dev version you will find we have added a template editor, language editor, language importer and extension store built into the opencart admin. We also using twig as the template language.

There are going to be a few rules before we approve extension to be allowed on the cloud.

1. You are not allowed to modify any DB tables. If you need to store any data for your extension you need to create a new table and use joins.

2. You are not allowed to overwrite any files.

3. All files are only allowed to be written in extension folders, except templates which of course go under the template folder.

4. All extension should have a admin page that allows configuration.

5. Extensions are now prefixed by their category. so paypal_status would become payment_papal_status
Above Cloud changes of extensions are required for new opencart version 3.0 right? not for older version!

Post by webmedialdh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:13 pm

That's a good idea for Cloud marketplace under the Opencart framework but have some queries like:

1). How can we manage third party libraries, Which we are using now under the system/library folder? Are we need to add them in our extension folder?

2). I tried 3.0 Beta version, Install one extension, Got Success message but when I check the files it's not uploaded and even OCmod not installed, Is I need to follow any other step as well which I missed?

3). How can we add images under the image folder if we need so?

Webx IT Solutions
Tel: +91 99154 09292, Skype: webmedialdh, Email: support@webxitsolutions.com

Location - Ludhiana, Punjab

Post by xrgb » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:55 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:53 pm
OpenCart engine is quite lightweight and doesn't require any acceleration, which Twig offers.
Moreover, twig doesn't accelerate OpenCart at all! On the contrary, twig slows down the performance of work simply because using regular expressions. I'm very surprised, did no one notice this? Take a look at the home page loading time (fresh installation of OpenCart 3):
Compare it to the home page loading time of the fresh installation of OpenCart 2.3.0.2):
New OpenCart is 2 times slower, thanks to twig.

JNeuhoff wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:46 pm
And what is the reason for using twig as the template engine when the php template engine was working just fine?
I'm very interested in the same question, why does Daniel decide to add twig, which slows down the whole engine?

Post by mtjhost » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:12 pm

Very nice rules. Hope this rules will improve a lot in case of clashing of extensions.

Post by shahid21290 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:01 pm

HI

We upgrade extension from 2.3 to 3.0.0

we create ocmod and upload it, its upload success and refresh modification

we check code in modification folder, there are code has been updated but when we check that functionality on front then we not get any update.

any suggestion?

Thanks

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email scf8127@gmail.com

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:11 pm

shahid21290 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:01 pm
HI

We upgrade extension from 2.3 to 3.0.0

we create ocmod and upload it, its upload success and refresh modification

we check code in modification folder, there are code has been updated but when we check that functionality on front then we not get any update.

any suggestion?

Thanks
We did the same for some of our extensions, and it works fine.

So no, no suggestions. Seriously, do you really expect anybody to help you without any details whatsoever of your extensions? Besides, this is not the right forum thread for this. Also, OC 3.0.0.0 is still an early alpha-release, subject to changes and bugfixes.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:11 pm

I would be interested to know if vQmod will still be usable in the cloud version?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by artcore » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:54 pm

$allowed = array(
'admin/controller/extension/',
'admin/language/',
'admin/model/extension/',
'admin/view/image/',
'admin/view/javascript/',
'admin/view/stylesheet/',
'admin/view/template/extension/',
'catalog/controller/extension/',
'catalog/language/',
'catalog/model/extension/',
'catalog/view/javascript/',
'catalog/view/theme/',
'system/config/',
'system/library/',
'image/catalog/'
);
The vqmod folder is not in the allowed directories to upload to so probably not. Unless you create the xml on the fly in the extension install method :)

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by nasser.man » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:13 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:53 pm
I know, that nobody will listen anyway, but adding Twig for templates seems a bad solution to me. Now we basically have to learn new half-language, which repeats most PHP functions, but uses different syntax.

Why Joomla doesn't use Twig?
Why WordPress doesn't use Twig?
Why Drupal doesn't use Twig?
Why no other major framework uses Twig?

But, like I said, nobody will listen anyway and Twig will stay like OCMod, despite that majority still use VQMod. Hope somebody will create some kind of PHP/Twig converter.
I think Symphony framework uses Twig, also laravel uses blade that is a template engine.
PHP in HTML code runs fast but reading code or maintaining code is harder than editing html+template code. other benefit is that by using twig, creating templates is more easy for designers.
twig has nice caching features that can speed up compiling template files.

اگر پیامتون در این انجمن ندیده باشم با من از طریق وبسایتم در تماس باشید.
http://ressan.ir