Post by hfxracing » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:07 am

These upgrades are Horrible every 3 months. Nobody checks the dam thing either they just release it.
What are the New Features from 2.1.0.2 Security Features or fixes? No change log updated? that page is blank. I have to navigate to another website for information? Github??? That should be here. I just upgraded and that was full of bugs upgrade script didn't work had to manually add new tables. For a Novelist it would have been a nightmare Thank God I know to test first.

I am starting to agree with others I have a business to run not play with updates & new code every 3 months. I hate to be negative on your progress I love the cart don't get me wrong my sales are up since switching shopping carts.

I would like to see more testing before a Release is done. If your going to add some features lets hope they are good ones.
I am still baffled that none of the banners can set start & stop dates I would think that would go hand in hand with running a sale or discount which you can set dates. Or how about discount by category.Trying to run a sale on 50 Products is a real chore but if I had the products in a category then Discounted the Category life would be simple.

I know I could pay for a extension to do that but why should I when every other cart has these 2 basic things. I notice too that extensions get uploaded for sale that do the exact same thing the core code does. A rant for another day I guess

I would like to see this become the Best open source cart but to do that you have to offer everything everyone else is & more or at least make it easy.

I suggest you go install every other FREE cart & say do we have this feature? if not add it or add it but make it better.
Every little thing does not need to be in the core but some things are Truly necessary.
Make people looking for a cart say opencart it's a no brainer.

I only changed carts because this cart is more Google Friendly. Sorry for the rant I have been reading for months biting my tongue watching business owners stumble through upgrades. We don't have time for that we have e-commerce sites because we are trying to grow a business.

Post by atnaples » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:41 pm

one thing i can tell: "log in with paypal" finally works... and more the code could be used with previous version... rest - is nightmare again

Post by labeshops » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:27 pm

ThePath wrote:A quick note.

I performed an update from 2.1.0.2 to 2.2.0.0 and on the category page received a load of warnings including:

Warning: imagecreatetruecolor(): Invalid image dimensions in
Warning: imagecolorallocate() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in
Warning: imagefilledrectangle() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in

and a load more.

I immediately went to the image settings in the store admin and noticed all but the store logo and favicon settings had vanished. I resaved with no change and wondered if the settings were present in the DB, they were. Very strange.

Thought I would then delete the DB, blank the config files, reupload the install folder and do a "freshish" install. This resolved the warnings but the image settings are still not there. Thought perhaps they had been moved? But after a quick scan of the admin I can't find them if they have been.

Cheers
Image sizes are now set from extensions > theme > yourtheme

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by pm-netti » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:29 pm

ThePath wrote:But I have done a freshish install so does this have to happen after a fresh install?

Also it throws an sql syntax error when you try and runn your queries above.

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

Thanks
This is theme change issue:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 22#p607799

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by Snoek Products » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:35 pm

Hello,

Maybe a small thing but when are you going to update the demo to the latest version so people can see the changes?

Kind Regards

Post by moneycarlo » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:40 am

Snoek Products wrote:Hello,

Maybe a small thing but when are you going to update the demo to the latest version so people can see the changes?

Kind Regards
when the upgrade script is done..?
O0

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:55 pm

moneycarlo wrote:
Snoek Products wrote:Hello,

Kind Regards
when the upgrade script is done..?
O0
I've made a pull request for the upgrade script now
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/4103/files

Administrator

Post by thbr02 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:42 pm

What happened with the pull request?

Location - Sweden

Post by labeshops » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:06 pm

thbr02 wrote:What happened with the pull request?
I think Daniel has included it in the main opencart project, but not sure.

Take a look at this thread where Q had been including download files http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 4&start=40

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Qphoria » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:53 am

Yes Daniel added my v2 pull
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/4126

It looks like there may still be an outstanding issue with existing ocmod cache that needs to be cleaned up manually until I can add it to the upgrade script

Administrator

Post by N1kko » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:58 am

Also after upgrading lang seems to be missing as in admin is showing

tab_general tab_store text_home etc etc

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:25 pm

chilledworld wrote:If you are constantly looking to upgrade your store to the brand new and shiny Opencart version then maybe you should ask why
I agree, there needs to be a good business case for upgrading.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by tabook » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Why the signature of the 'total' modules method 'getTotal' was changed from

Code: Select all

public function getTotal(&$total_data, &$total, &$taxes) {
}
to

public function getTotal($total) {
}
Boring? Tonns of the extensions has stopped working, it's needed to handle 2 installers - for version prior 2.2 and after...
because I did not see any way to handle those changes in runtime.
Why do not use the same approach as for 'shipping' or 'payment' modules when function return array with data? Why the 'params by ref' is needed ? Or rename new method and keep old one for backward compatibility...

Forget complex and inconvenient stock Categories and Products in OpenCart - use Acute Category Manager +!
Ready for 1.5.x and 2.x Editions

Post by Qphoria » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:29 am

tabook wrote:Why the signature of the 'total' modules method 'getTotal' was changed from

public function getTotal(&$total_data, &$total, &$taxes) {
}
to

public function getTotal($total) {
}
Boring? Tonns of the extensions has stopped working, it's needed to handle 2 installers - for version prior 2.2 and after...
because I did not see any way to handle those changes in runtime.
Why do not use the same approach as for 'shipping' or 'payment' modules when function return array with data? Why the 'params by ref' is needed ? Or rename new method and keep old one for backward compatibility...

In the confirm.php file I see:

// Because __call can not keep var references so we put them into an array. 
$total_data = array(
	'totals' => &$totals,
	'taxes'  => &$taxes,
	'total'  => &$total
);
I guess since they changed to use the proxy design now, they have to pass a byval array of byref variables. But yea this is bad news. I cannot figure any way to handle byref within the function and PHP doesn't support handling both:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1143 ... l-argument

Administrator

Post by tabook » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:40 pm

Qphoria wrote:I guess since they changed to use the proxy design now, they have to pass a byval array of byref variables. But yea this is bad news. I cannot figure any way to handle byref within the function and PHP doesn't support handling both:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1143 ... l-argument
Exactly!
I've tried many ways, no luck (

function __call($name, $args) {
        if ($name == "getTotal") {
            $ov = explode('.', VERSION);
            $opencartVersion = floatval($ov[0].$ov[1].$ov[2].'.'.(isset($ov[3]) ? $ov[3] : 0));
            return ($opencartVersion < 220) ? call_user_func(array($this, "getTotalOld"), array(&$args)) : call_user_func(array($this, "getTotal220"), $args);
        }
    }

Impossible to throw ref params via __call's "double proxy" (

Empty args list was an variant

public function getTotal() {
if (func_num_args() == 3) {
            // Old code
        }
else {
 // New real world (((
}
But there is no way to change byref args in this case

No our life is not boring!

Forget complex and inconvenient stock Categories and Products in OpenCart - use Acute Category Manager +!

Post by Daniel » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:52 am

put it into an array

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:39 am

Daniel wrote:put it into an array
The point was trying to support both 2.1 and 2.2 with the same code cannot be done now because the byref call is at the function call level, not something we can put a conditional around. We'll just have to make 2 versions of the code

I've found a rather simple conversion for my mods, might work for others as well to simplify the process.
You'll still need separate files for the catalog/model/total/xxx.php
But at least it's a small change.

2.1.x version

public function getTotal(&$total_data, &$total, &$taxes) { //v2.1.x or older
2.2.x version

public function getTotal($totals) { //v2.2.x or newer

// Break out the 2.2.x arrays byref so I don't have to change any other code
	$total_data =& $totals['totals'];
	$total =& $totals['total'];
	$taxes =& $totals['taxes'];
	//
That's it. You shouldn't have to adjust any other code within assuming it currently uses the 2.1.x or older format.

Administrator

Post by tabook » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Finally, I did it using dynamic extension code generation. Now I have one installation for all OC versions (however there are two 'total' files in model folder).

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:01 pm

tabook wrote:Finally, I did it using dynamic extension code generation. Now I have one installation for all OC versions (however there are two 'total' files in model folder).
oh yea? I'd love to hear your method.

Administrator

Post by tabook » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Qphoria wrote:
tabook wrote:Finally, I did it using dynamic extension code generation. Now I have one installation for all OC versions (however there are two 'total' files in model folder).
oh yea? I'd love to hear your method.
The main idea is - virtually install and handle both 'total' extensions, but handle their statuses dynamically. So we need to put 2 DB records into extensions table:
total -> my_total (oc < 220)
total -> my_total2 (oc >= 220)
Now within a admin area total's settings we need to read/write 'status' and 'sort_order' properties on-the-fly based on current OC version (my_total_status or my_total2_status etc). Just save/load settings that we need and do not forget to disable secord 'total' extension that should not use in the store.

Thats all :)