Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:36 pm

visitor wrote: There is only one thing that i missing or expect to see in this version.... sort order for model.
Why would you expect it when you never requested it

Administrator

Post by Joxe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:34 am

Brocberry wrote:(...)
If the postcode was mandatory, customers in the Republic of Ireland would find it hard to order because they don't have postcodes. (...)
That's why I mentioned: 'or the possibility to choose' :P

v. 1.4.9.6 & v. 2.0.2.0

Post by Joxe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:37 am

OCyvon2 wrote:You can change the postcode as mandatory in the following files.

catalog/language/english/account/address.php
catalog/language/english/account/create.php
catalog/language/english/checkout/address.php
catalog/language/english/checkout/guest_step_1.php

catalog/view/theme/default/template/account/address.tpl
catalog/view/theme/default/template/account/create.tpl
catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout/address.tpl
catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout/guest_step_1.tpl

catalog/controller/account/address.php
catalog/controller/account/create.php
catalog/controller/checkout/address.php
catalog/controller/checkout/guest_step_1.php

See attached file.

sorry I forgot something I added the nwe one.

You have to us this file:
postcode_mandatory2.zip
Very kind of you! ;)
Is it working for 1.4.7?

v. 1.4.9.6 & v. 2.0.2.0

Post by OCyvon2 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:13 am

it also works for 1.4.8 ;-)

OpenCartstore
Gebruikersgids (admin handleiding)

Location - Zaandam, The Netherlands

Post by gocreative » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:15 am

Joxe wrote:
Brocberry wrote:(...)
If the postcode was mandatory, customers in the Republic of Ireland would find it hard to order because they don't have postcodes. (...)
That's why I mentioned: 'or the possibility to choose' :P
And this is why I think there should be settings for all fields in the admin section. For example, all fields that are required for the site to work properly (e.g. email address, name etc) cannot be changed, but admin can add/edit/rename all other fields via the admin panel. This way any novice could easily add new fields and turn off mandatory fields based on certain criteria (e.g. "if > country > is > Republic of Ireland > not mandatory").

I'd love to see this in a future version. Same goes for the contact form and the ability to create other forms such as a quote request (in the case where prices are hidden but users can complete a form to be sent a price list).

Post by lillolollo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:43 am

And this is why I think there should be settings for all fields in the admin section. For example, all fields that are required for the site to work properly (e.g. email address, name etc) cannot be changed, but admin can add/edit/rename all other fields via the admin panel. This way any novice could easily add new fields and turn off mandatory fields based on certain criteria (e.g. "if > country > is > Republic of Ireland > not mandatory").
I have request this feature many times but apparently is not a priority

Post by Joxe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:59 am

Will the upgrade to 1.4.8 keep my 1.4.7 translation?...I'd need to know that ::)

v. 1.4.9.6 & v. 2.0.2.0

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:50 am

Joxe wrote:Will the upgrade to 1.4.8 keep my 1.4.7 translation?...I'd need to know that ::)
the upgrade won't touch your translation, which means that anything new that needed to be in it for 1.4.8 won't be there, so you might have some problems.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by i2Paq » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Joxe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
Joxe wrote:Will the upgrade to 1.4.8 keep my 1.4.7 translation?...I'd need to know that ::)
the upgrade won't touch your translation, which means that anything new that needed to be in it for 1.4.8 won't be there, so you might have some problems.
Is that mean that it would be better to perform a new translation after upgrading?... :-X

v. 1.4.9.6 & v. 2.0.2.0

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Yes. After upgrading, if you still have English installed, the non-translated variables will fallback to english
If you don't have english installed, it will show the raw variable (e.g. "text_cart", "button_add", etc)

So after the upgrade is done, you can go through your site and look for english words or raw variables and update them one by one easily without having any down spots.

Administrator

Post by Joxe » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:14 am

Well the main language of my shop is portuguese but I also have the english language installed. I will also have to have a look to the email notifications to customers... :-\

v. 1.4.9.6 & v. 2.0.2.0

Post by buckmajor » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:39 pm

Hey yall,

I downloaded 1.4.8b, and I want to upgrade from 1.4.7, is there a way to go about this? This will be my first time doing an upgrade. I am also using a custom theme, so I want to make sure I don't mess it up ;).

Thanks

http://www.dmaireroa.com

Location - Brisbane

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:13 pm

buckmajor wrote:Hey yall,

I downloaded 1.4.8b, and I want to upgrade from 1.4.7, is there a way to go about this? This will be my first time doing an upgrade. I am also using a custom theme, so I want to make sure I don't mess it up ;).

Thanks
Please read the files inside de zip.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by The Alchemist » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 pm

Can Someone Please help me here, Im trying to upload my 1.4.0 DB to the 1.4.8 version of the site, I have no mods done to the site its a fresh install of the 1.4.8.

I followed the upgrade.txt stuff from the downloaded folder and I am getting a bunch of errors on the site that are leaving it non functional.

My thread is located here http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17792 Please help me get my site back online. Thanks

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:48 am

I too tried updating version 1.4 to version 1.48 but encountered errors. Upgrading the database caused most problems. I don't know whether that's due to the newer database having more tables (59 as opposed to the original 51).

To resolve the issues I eventually just put a fresh install of 1.48 then put my template changes into the new install which worked out ok. Took a while, but nothing like the time Daniel and others have put into the new version.

I like the fact that the reviews and latest products can now be turned off in the admin panel. My only wish is that Opencart never gets over complex with featues that many people will never use. Folks who've moved across from Zen Cart, or Cubecart know all about that. ;D

Post by gocreative » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:02 pm

CUSTOM_UK wrote:My only wish is that Opencart never gets over complex with featues that many people will never use. Folks who've moved across from Zen Cart, or Cubecart know all about that. ;D
I agree, but I think a good way to offer both would be an "Advanced settings" tab somewhere on each relevant page, so that the basic stuff is kept separate and experts can tweak everything else to their heart's content.

I'd rather have too many features than not enough.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:17 am

Yea.. I think sometimes its all in the organization of the options that makes it seem more or less manageable

Administrator