Post by Tiger1937 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Hey Guys... LOOKS GREAT!! especially liking the HOME placement.

Couple of quick questions...

1. If I select Components > Monitors > A Product. The Bread Crumb loses Components and the Category box reverts to default.

2. When I add a product to the cart, the product view is replaced with the cart view... is this intentional ? if I want to order the same item in multiple colours, I now have to navigate (continue shopping ) to the product for each colour ? Isn't the cart info already displayed ? ( top right in the demo ).

3. Relates to 2. If I press View Cart, (top right in the demo ) the press Continue Shopping, it doesn't take me back to the product I was viewing.

4. Going through checkout, when entering guest details... email is validated, telephone isn't ( I know it's difficult for different countries, could it just be checked for being numeric ? )

5. Additional Alert emails...GREAT...FANTASTIC...BRILLIANT ( If you hadn't guessed...LOVE THIS ) ;D

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:46 pm

With regards to points 2 and 3 -
JAY6390 wrote:I've read it somewhere (might even be on this thread) that the AJAX removal is to stop people adding to cart when they are already in the checkout process, or something like that

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by murray » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:04 pm

I noticed on the home page that the latest box has been replaced with a featured box. How will this work?

Will it let you select individual products to appear in a featured category if so excellent!!!

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:43 pm

JAY6390 wrote:I've read it somewhere (might even be on this thread) that the AJAX removal is to stop people adding to cart when they are already in the checkout process, or something like that. It has been discussed, and you aren't alone with this
No... the normal add to cart from the product page still has ajax like normal. That hasn't changed and it works the same in IE, Chrome, Opera, FF, etc

Only the small add to cart icon in all of the sideboxes and stuff does not use ajax and since it is a new feature, it never had ajax. That is intentional because of the checkout process security.

Perhaps in the future a check could be made to see if you are not in the checkout process, then allow ajax. But for now it's fine.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:44 pm

murray wrote:I noticed on the home page that the latest box has been replaced with a featured box. How will this work?

Will it let you select individual products to appear in a featured category if so excellent!!!
It is not replaced. RTFM!
All Modules can be set to homepage now

Administrator

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Ah makes sense ;D

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:47 pm

JAY6390 wrote:With regards to points 2 and 3 -
JAY6390 wrote:I've read it somewhere (might even be on this thread) that the AJAX removal is to stop people adding to cart when they are already in the checkout process, or something like that

Ajax cart has not changed. Obviously somebody disabled it in the cart module. Extensions->Module->Cart->Edit> AJAX : DISABLED!! This is not a new feature! Just reenable it

Administrator

Post by Tiger1937 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:52 pm

RTFM.... OK...Where is it ?? LOL ( Only Joking )

Post by Moggin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:05 pm

Qphoria wrote:One thing to note. The small "Add to Cart" buttons on all pages/products now cannot be done with ajax for security reasons at this time. For example, if you were on the checkout/confirm page and clicked the add button from one of the sideboxes, then it could update the cart but not the payment form, allowing people to add products after the payment form was created. So for now, it takes you to the basket which forces the shipping and payment info to be re-calculated. ...
A thought for a (distant) future version: that is, to remove/disable product sideboxes during checkout. This might sidestep the security problem described above and also 'enclose the checkout' as this econsultancy blogger (among others) suggests.
But it's only a thought - not worth doing if extremely difficult. There's only so much you can do ;)
Many thanks for all the hard work, team.

Post by fatpora01 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:15 pm

Qphoria wrote:
JAY6390 wrote:I've read it somewhere (might even be on this thread) that the AJAX removal is to stop people adding to cart when they are already in the checkout process, or something like that. It has been discussed, and you aren't alone with this
No... the normal add to cart from the product page still has ajax like normal. That hasn't changed and it works the same in IE, Chrome, Opera, FF, etc

Only the small add to cart icon in all of the sideboxes and stuff does not use ajax and since it is a new feature, it never had ajax. That is intentional because of the checkout process security.

Perhaps in the future a check could be made to see if you are not in the checkout process, then allow ajax. But for now it's fine.
then with the what about when people get redirected to their shopping cart with the new link, they might get irritated that they have been redirected so why not make the continue shopping button a back button to go back to the page they were on?

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:30 am

The continue issue is a bug. The ajax is not. it was just disabled.

Administrator

Post by DannyMacD » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:55 am

the one thing i think is great is the cost for product input. it states it uses it for the reports but where are the reports located? i was hoping to find a section that would tell me things like:

profit/loss by product
profit/loss by category
profit/loss by manufacture
etc
a separate tab on the reports link?

if i have missed it please let me know
thanks

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:19 am

DannyMacD wrote:the one thing i think is great is the cost for product input. it states it uses it for the reports but where are the reports located? i was hoping to find a section that would tell me things like:

profit/loss by product
profit/loss by category
profit/loss by manufacture
etc
a separate tab on the reports link?

if i have missed it please let me know
thanks
I don't think any new reports have been written yet, but this field being there will allow them to be written fairly easily without making changes to the core.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by American » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:21 am

We need a report that breaks down sales, shipping and taxes.

In Texas, we pay sales tax yearly so it's sure nice to have a report that we can generate that will show gross sales, taxable sales, shipping collected and total sales tax collected. This is something that has been around in OSC and it's derivatives for many years.

Brad G
Granbury, Texas
OC 1.5.6.4

Location - Fort Worth, Texas

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:45 pm

You guys can feel free to make your own damn reports. 8) I just gave you the needed field in the core. The rest is up to you.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:38 pm

**Update**
I finally finished Backend Order Edit. I am sorry to say that Backend "Entry" will not be included with 1.4.8
There are just too many changes needed to retrofit at this point. But Edit is done and works quite well at a very basic level. Improvements can of course be made in future versions, but for now it is functional.

The improved Paypal Standard will also be pushed to 1.4.9. The order edit took more effort than originally thought and with all the testing from the community, this will be the most stable release yet, so I'd like to draw a baseline here.

I've fixed a few more bugs and typos.
Daniel added the admin token system to resolve any possible CSRF issues.. (I guess reddit's site will have nothing else to talk about heheheh)

We are doing some final testing ourselves and will be putting the latest version up on the demo shortly and we should be ready to release asap.

There is one last bit of unfortunate news.. In efforts to secure the admin, we've added a new token system. This means all urls will have a token as part of the url. There is a validation check done at page load for the token existence and if it doesn't exist, it redirects to the login page with error. But that includes user made extensions. So ALL custom modules, payments, shipping, etc.. will require updates to the admin side to add the token bits to their urls. It was something we were trying to avoid, but for the sake of security, it had to be done.

The change can be done with a simple global replace.. more on that to come after release.

Administrator

Post by fatpora01 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:55 pm

so are you saying that all the modules that people have installed wont work?

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:44 pm

OK. I've updated the demo with the latest version including the Admin Order Edit feature.
- Remember it is very basic.
- It doesn't autocalculate yet
- It doesn't lookup default prices yet
- It doesn't support options yet and even removes options from existing items if you save, so be weary of this.

I've also added the Royal Mail rate updates

This version also has the token system added. The token system requires all admin controllers to pass the token with the url. However, I've added a bypass option in the settings to allow you to choose which controllers you want the token system to ignore for 3rd party mods that aren't up to date. Similar to the way User permissions work. This will allow you to still use them with 1.4.8, but it is advised that you get the updated versions as soon as possible.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 am

The Order Edit looks really nice for a start.
Damn, it is a good start!

I've been playing with this "preview" and it seems to work OK.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:54 am

We would like to thank all of you for your assistance in helping to test this new version. The idea to let the community test the demo of the release candidate versions was a success and we found another good 10-15 minor bugs as well as some other good ideas for future versions.

The Demo is using the final version of the code changes. We have nothing else that we want to add to this version.

I will spend the next half day testing upgrades and going through each menu, and I would ask that everyone try to do the same. Play with it as much as possible for the next few hours and let us know if there are any final bugs that we still are missing .

New features will be saved for a future version. At this time, we only want to find all remaining bugs.. even small ones so that we can get them in before release.

Release is planned in 24 hours (max).

Administrator