Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:24 am

Josemi wrote:
i2Paq wrote:
Josemi wrote:Thanks for the demo preview!

I want to make a little feature request, I hope you are in time to include it on this release. :)

Please, add the option to configure the Order and Invoice IDs to a Random number.

Thanks for all your work.
You can start the invoice from any number you like, check System -> Local -> Invoice Start No.:

To change the ordernumber you need o change your db via phpMyAdmin
Thanks, for the fast answer, but I need random.

Greetings, and Thanks, again.
random order makes absolutely no sense. That will never happen in any cart as you can not guarantee that you won't hit the same number twice

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:24 am

celestial wrote:Daniel and Q

the same big problem with Option Value in Products
what "big" problem with option value in products? The only problem before was it was showing up twice in the listbox.. but it was purely cosmetic and didn't affect any functionality. I've fixed that now and it works as it should.
rock304 wrote:is the option to sort the latest products on the front page available in 1.4.8
and is there a way to sort out the zones to include just what you may want like just USA--I saw the sql command but thought maybe there would be something in 1.4.8

thanks
No you don't sort "latest" products as that would not be "latest" anymore.. As I said in the features list, modules are now able to be set to "home". Currently there are 4 product modules that are included with opencart: latest, specials, featured, bestsellers. You could use featured and choose which products are shown on the homepage, tho not in any particular order

If you want truly sorted "sorted" then you can clone the latest and clone the getLatestProducts in the model file, change the order by, and make your own mod for that.
celestial wrote:Daniel & Q sorry for my bad english

1. I add items in my cart
2. checkout
3. guest checkout
4. i want see my account (nop i need an account)
5. create an account
6. i cant find my items
7. new order, new items, checkout with account, etc

in admin

8. i find my items in the 1st order (step 1)
9. the new order

10. change Options Value for an Product and is the same big BUG.

Thanx a lot
I don't understand what you are asking here.
You checkout as guest, then you create account? A guest checkout is not saved to an account.

Administrator

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:27 am

I have to say I would find RANDOM order numbers useless. They are supposed to be done systematically. Plus if someone visits your store and their order is 1,000,000 then come back a week later and it's 40 they're going to think your site is really dodgy, well I would at least

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by celestial » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:18 am

Sorry Q you are right about guest. BUT the options is when i write something start to shrink and shrink and later i can see nothing more. Q if you are very bussy maybe another guy can check this and help.

Thx

Celestial - Martín Abel Rosales
WhatsApp: 50671482211
Email: martinrosales2012@hotmail.com
San José , Costa Rica

Expert Member

Location - Costa Rica

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:08 am

celestial wrote:Sorry Q you are right about guest. BUT the options is when i write something start to shrink and shrink and later i can see nothing more. Q if you are very bussy maybe another guy can check this and help.

Thx
Still don't know what you mean about options

Administrator

Post by celestial » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:13 am

Q,

Cofran in spanish forum explain that, in option values of products, that problem is on Internet Explorer, he say the other is OK. Sorry for waste your time.

Celestial - Martín Abel Rosales
WhatsApp: 50671482211
Email: martinrosales2012@hotmail.com
San José , Costa Rica

Expert Member

Location - Costa Rica

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:33 am

Ok a few more bugs fixed:
- Backup/Restore would throw php error if you clicked restore without choosing a file first.
- Additional Alert emails wasn't working.
- I also Added customer email/phone to order email to make it more complete.

I am finishing up testing of new paypal.
I've also got Admin Order "Edit" working but the outlook of Admin Order "Entry" is cloudy. I don't want that to hold up release any further. I think "Edit" is more important anyway. "Entry" is too hacky at the moment. I'll see what magic I can pull overnight but once the admin token stuff is done and I'm happy with paypal, I'm going to have to just push it out till the next version.

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Maybe you can publish it first as a public beta-release, or release candidate, so we can report and iron out any potential bugs before it hits the general public as a stable release?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Well that was the point of this public release. This is the beta.. and its working well.. i've fixed additional bugs because of it.

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:05 pm

OK. I must have missed the train here .... couldn't find a downloadable file for the 1.4.8 beta release.

Talking about it: How hard would it be to implement support for shared SSL? While not a bug, it would be useful nevertheless.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Think Q meant you could test out a live version of the cart software, there hasn't been a downloadable copy available yet

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by dbstr » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Typo: "The page you are looking for could not be found! Please contact your administrator if the problem persits."

Request Reviews v1.0 released.

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Qphoria wrote:I've also got Admin Order "Edit" working but the outlook of Admin Order "Entry" is cloudy. I don't want that to hold up release any further. I think "Edit" is more important anyway. "Entry" is too hacky at the moment. I'll see what magic I can pull overnight but once the admin token stuff is done and I'm happy with paypal, I'm going to have to just push it out till the next version.
Why not wait another couple of day. My guess is that no-one will mind to wait for the complete package of Order Edit and Order Entry.
Maybe show what you have now and let "us" help you with the cloudyness?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:14 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:OK. I must have missed the train here .... couldn't find a downloadable file for the 1.4.8 beta release.
This "live url" demo is the demo I mean. While you don't have the files to see the code, it should be very testable at the user point of view. Most quality assurance testing is done from the user level more than the code level anyway and the demo gives full access to do everything you could do in your own store with a default install.
dbstr wrote:Typo: "The page you are looking for could not be found! Please contact your administrator if the problem persits."
Fixed. Thanks

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:41 pm

Qphoria wrote:This "live url" demo is the demo I mean. While you don't have the files to see the code, it should be very testable at the user point of view. Most quality assurance testing is done from the user level more than the code level anyway and the demo gives full access to do everything you could do in your own store with a default install.
I think this is a very good idea. It keeps people from downloading betas or release candidates without realizing what they really are, and thus stops more forum questions before they start. Stick with this system for the future, Qphoria and Daniel!

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:52 pm

i'm in the process of addign a token system to the admin of the next release making the admin a bit more secure. after i'm finshed i will pass the code back to Q.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by YK11 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:55 pm

Overall looking very good!

Issues as Admin:
- Page footers show version as 1.4.7
- Was unable to enable a review (was trying to test multiple reviews for a single product)

Issues as consumer:
- Sorting should read "Price High > Low" (currently is "Price High < Low", see the '>' vs '<')
- Account Login: Move "Continue" and "Login" buttons to individual frames to match display in all other screens

Suggestions for future enhancements to Admin interface:
- Add "Enable" button to Reviews admin page so can enable multiple reviews at once
- Rename "Delete" to "Remove Selected" (Categories, Products, etc.)
- Rename "Insert" to "Add" (Categories, Products, etc.)
- Catalog -> Products -> Edit -> Data: Rename "Status" to "Product Status"
- Increase size of "long" fields (Settings -> Store URL, Settings -> Email, Settings -> SMTP Host, Products -> Name, etc.)

Suggestions for future enhancements to Consumer interface:
None (working very nicely)
Last edited by YK11 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by opencartArab » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Thank you Daniel and Qphoria for hard work.

my Comment is:

win i finish the Download from stor, the Remaining is still same Number.

Thanks ..
Last edited by opencartArab on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

التعليمات باللغة العربية على الرابط التالي
https://www.opencartarab.com/docs
استضافة اوبن كارت العرب
https://host.opencartarab.com

Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:14 pm

YK11 wrote:Overall looking very good!

Issues as Admin:
- Page footers shows version as 1.4.7
Uh?.. no it doesn't.
- Was unable to enable a review (was trying to test multiple reviews for a single product)
I am able to enable/disable just fine. Don't forget you also have to "Allow Reviews" to yes in the settings.
Suggestions for future enhancements to Admin interface:
- Add "Enable" button to Reviews admin page so can enable multiple reviews at once
Good idea for next version. A lot of places (like country/zone enable/disable) are planned for a list-level mass update button.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:16 pm

opencartArab wrote:Thank you Daniel and Qphoria for hard work.

my Comment is:

win i finish the Download from stor, the Remaining is still same Number.
refresh the page. The download count is meant to deter people from sharing the link and downloading from more than one place. Spamming the download button in the same session on the same pageload is moot.

Administrator