Post by Heather » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:59 pm

Hi everyone!

We've just released a new release candidate / pre-release on github for the upcoming OpenCart 2.1.0.0 version. It would be great if developers could take a look at this pre-release version with us to help find any final bugs or issues before we launch 2.1.

You can view RC1 here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tree/2.1.0.0_rc1

We'll be updating the Update Log with what has been changed / fixed so that you can easily see what changes have been made so far.

Please remember that this is a pre-release and as such is not suitable for use on live stores - this release is only for development and testing. We'll announce the official release of OpenCart 2.1 over on our newsletter once we are satisfied with the stability - make sure to subscribe to find out as soon as 2.1 has been released.

Thanks!
Heather

Heather

Post by Johnathan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:04 am

Just tested installing a fresh copy, and it doesn't seem to populate any of the database fields. It also doesn't use the "Database Prefix", and seem to always use oc_

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by OpenCart Addons » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:11 am

Johnathan wrote:Just tested installing a fresh copy, and it doesn't seem to populate any of the database fields. It also doesn't use the "Database Prefix", and seem to always use oc_
I experienced the same issue during installation. I looked through the install script and it's because the install script is looking for "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS" whereas the opencart.sql file uses "CREATE TABLE".

I've created a Pull Request that replaces the use of "CREATE TABLE" to "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS" in opencart.sql which I believe was intended to be used based on the install and upgrade scripts.

I've also added a couple other pull requests to fix some issues:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/3309
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/3310
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/3313

I really hope that the OpenCart team does a proper bug testing release this time before hastily launching v2.1.0.0. We need a stable release of OpenCart v2 that we can count on.

Cheers,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by pm-netti » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:37 pm

This line 32 in file catalog/controller/account/success.php do someone server errors to log file:

Code: Select all

$data['text_message'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_message'), $this->url->link('information/contact'));
This edit remove errors:

$data['text_message'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_message'), $this->url->link('information/contact'), '');
Ps. This was did errors previous 2.x versions.

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by mr.teray » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:07 pm

error in updgare stable 2.0.3.1 - testing 2.1.0.0

PHP Warning:  preg_match(): Empty regular expression in /home//test/install/model/upgrade.php on line 375
line 381

preg_match(): Empty regular expression in /home//test/install/model/upgrade.php on line 392

preg_match(): Delimiter must not be alphanumeric or backslash in /home//test/install/model/upgrade.php on line 403
line 409, 415, 426

bottom Continue -1sec adn show "Don't forget to delete your installation directory!"
not upgrade version
my server bad? or code?
Last edited by mr.teray on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by pm-netti » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:34 am

@mr.teray
This is upgrade script bug.
These lines try replace column `custom_field` and `permission` data, but it `custom_field` columns is empty and `permssion` column that complains backslash.

Post by Heather » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:35 am

Thanks for your great response everyone!

Please make sure to post any bugs that you find on github so that our team can look into them: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues

- Heather

Heather

Post by rahulpathania61 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:26 pm

hi, i installed the latest developer version of opencart and experienced some problems. I tried to use the captcha functionality in which is introduced in this version. The captcha functionality is not working in any of the pages specified in admin panel settings rather it stops the processing of the page in which the captcha is included. Kindly check this issue... else this version is superb :clap:

Post by OpenCart Addons » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:29 pm

rahulpathania61 wrote:hi, i installed the latest developer version of opencart and experienced some problems. I tried to use the captcha functionality in which is introduced in this version. The captcha functionality is not working in any of the pages specified in admin panel settings rather it stops the processing of the page in which the captcha is included. Kindly check this issue... else this version is superb :clap:
I've already submitted a fix for this. Just waiting on Daniel or James to merge it.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/3313

Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by retti » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:02 am

I am getting this error on installation using PHP 5.3.3

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/myserver/public_html/system/engine/event.php on line 11

Post by artcore » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:33 am

@retti
array shorthand is from php 5.4
It's probably wise to keep the array() for a bit longer.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by iplocker » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Hello.
Very good that I see new version with a lots of bugs solved BUT can I ask if we have any Feature comes in ???
I would like to see some of the Users Suggestions comes in .
Thanks
Theo

Post by gob33 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:08 am

Dont forget to upgrade Summernote to 0.6.16.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by tjsystems » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:26 pm

I suggest also this Pull Request...

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/3297

Live with 2.2.0.0 fully SSL.

Location - NL, Amsterdam

Post by mrbill » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Exactly what is new in this version? The changelog doesn't have much to say.

Post by pm-netti » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:14 pm

mrbill wrote:Exactly what is new in this version? The changelog doesn't have much to say.
This is one good feature: captcha "module", can take used basic "trad" cacptca or google cacptha.
It has recently been added to the database a new table, 'cart' etc.

Post by jurpro » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Hello. I wish you all don't angry with me that posting something like this here. Because, I need the EDIT Address Delivery function when Checkout like on OC 1.5.x.x back on OC 2.1.0. There's no EDIT on OC 2.0.x.x.
On OC 1.5.x.x the EDIT address function on the yellow circle.

It is because my customers when doing Checkout, that a little bit wrong input about his/her address, should be make a new address like the arrow on the picture. And make the database address double posted and maybe more.

Sorry everyone. Hope you all make it possible to get back the EDIT function when Checkout.

Thank you.
Edit Address.jpg

Edit Address.jpg (105.83 KiB) Viewed 23545 times

Cari album edisi luar negeri? Atau dalam negeri juga bisa. Kunjungi saja http://www.sawios.com Semoga bisa membantu. :)

Post by artcore » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:24 am

Latest Version 2.1.0.0_rc1 gives dots instead of slashes in the route, front and admin:

e.g.
?route=common.dashboard
?route=product.category

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... f59637f573

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by tjsystems » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:32 am

Should this version work with existing theme's for 2.X?

Live with 2.2.0.0 fully SSL.

Location - NL, Amsterdam

Post by ioofen » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:44 pm

trunk/upload new install, Permission Denied! all page