Post by Daniel » Sat May 15, 2010 8:44 pm

I would just like to let everyone know that many GoDaddy web sites have been hacked.

From GoDaddy;

Early into our investigation, Go Daddy noticed a majority of exploited websites were all running WordPress. After feedback from customers, more attacks and more in-depth analysis, we modified our statement to specify the attacks targeted numerous PHP-based applications, which included WordPress.

Basiclly GoDaddy is to blame for the hacks and not people with wordpress installed on there hosting. People have even been toold over the phone that OpenCart is also to blame. This is untrue! You don't have a mass mail attacks like the ones godaddy is having without their server being compromised.

Think about it. When has a web hosting company ever admited to having there servers hacked on a massive scaleand how much compensation should the customers receive for this happening?

You can check this your selfs be looking at your access logs.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat May 15, 2010 10:09 pm

It also appears that Wordpress is a large targets, which appears to be affecting some of the popular hosting companies, and it is affecting other hosted scripts like Zen-Cart:
While the attack initially appeared to be limited to web sites hosted by American ISP DreamHost, it has since become apparent that blogs hosted at GoDaddy, Bluehost and Media Temple have also been affected. Unconfirmed reports by WPSecurityLock suggest that other PHP-based management systems, such as the Zen Cart eCommerce solution, have also been targeted.
http://randomchaos.us/2010/05/large-sca ... press.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Administrator

Post by bgguy111 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:32 am

I also have experienced major hack issues on GoDaddy servers but with the Open Source CMS Joomla.
I've sinced moved everything to dreamhost and haven't had any repeat-occurences.

With GD one of my sites was hit 4 weeks in a row on the same time each Monday. All the files were secure, .htaccess restricted, & the entire file structure scanned for vulnerabilites.

GoDaddy's customer service was useless.

My conclusion: a server issue GD is unwilling to disclose or not technically knowledgeable to understand. In my experience with them, it could easily be both.

"Our opponents are our co-creators, for they have something to give which we have not". - Mary Parker Follett

Location - Burbank, CA