Post by thbr02 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:31 am

pm-netti wrote:
thbr02 wrote:Ok, I deleted the order_fraud table but got an error when entering the orderlist. Restored it and it works fine now.
You are not updated all files to version 2.0.3.1.
After a while thinking while the orderlist was asking form the `order_fraud` table, I cleared the modification cache. Obviously there were a lot of old verions of Opencart 2.0.2.0 cahced. Unfortunately I'm now locked out of the admin side ??? . Probably because of the extensions which all are intended for Opencart 2.0.2.0. Is there any way to disable the modifications from the FTP or PHPMyAdmin?

Location - Sweden

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:48 am

thbr02 wrote:
pm-netti wrote:
thbr02 wrote:Ok, I deleted the order_fraud table but got an error when entering the orderlist. Restored it and it works fine now.
You are not updated all files to version 2.0.3.1.
After a while thinking while the orderlist was asking form the `order_fraud` table, I cleared the modification cache. Obviously there were a lot of old verions of Opencart 2.0.2.0 cahced. Unfortunately I'm now locked out of the admin side ??? . Probably because of the extensions which all are intended for Opencart 2.0.2.0. Is there any way to disable the modifications from the FTP or PHPMyAdmin?
Remove all folders and files from Opencart's system/modification directory, you can use FTP for this.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by thbr02 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:19 am

JNeuhoff wrote:Remove all folders and files from Opencart's system/modification directory, you can use FTP for this.
I thought maybe this upgrade from 2.0.2.0 --> 2.0.3.1 would be rather easy, but it wasn't. Iv'e done a backup of my earlier version so I hope I succesfully can restore it. I think the upgrade to 2.0.3.1 will have to wait a while. The included upgrade instructions does no help since it still is for 1.5. Thanks anyway!

Location - Sweden

Post by pm-netti » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:33 am

CelBot wrote:
I am running 2.0.1.1

Can't we upload all files (except config.php and admin/config.php) and then click "Ugrade" like we used to in 1.5.x ?
Or do we really have to go through all of those extra steps; database table delete, add to config file, etc.

Any advice would be great. Please speak in OC store owner (not expert coder) language. ;)

Thank you!

Tony

celbot.com
This again:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=19572
This can upgrade:
1. All versions 1.4.x to version 2.0.3.1
2. All versions 1.5.x to version 2.0.3.1
3. All versions 2.0.x to version 2.0.3.1

Version 2.0.2.0 upgrade to version 2.0.3.1 is true small.
The greatest thing about it is a installation of new extensions. :)

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by pm-netti » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:15 pm

CelBot wrote: I'm really looking for someone to tell me if you can simply upgrade from 2.0.1.1 to the current 2.0.3.1
It would seem logical that you could but there has been no indication. (and of course the upgrade instructions say otherwise)
There are other ever asked:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 49#p563624

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by gsaadi » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:26 am

I'm building a site using 2.0.2.0, a custom template and have installed several extensions since I started. In other words, I've done a good amount of customization and everything seems to be working ok so far. The site is about 50% done.
The question is, Do I Need to upgrade to 2.0.3.0 and if so will I risk losing all the customization done on the existing version.
Your reply and advice is appreciated.

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:15 am

While I can't be 100% certain of the current setup for their business, from what I can tell there is

- Daniel (Owner)
- 2 OpenCart staff (Felix and Beth) who seem to be essentially help for Daniel with customer support tickets and possibly some coding
- Welford media (now partner) who do development - though this seems to focus almost exclusively on their own code OpenBay and some other affiliate related code. They also seem to have access to github and do more pull requests than Daniel
James Allsup - Works for Welford and appears to be spearheading all of their development. Also been pretty good with communication in the past on various topics
- Heather - Works for Welford and isn't a developer from what I can tell

Just to note, while I and others are moderators on the forums, we're just as in the dark as the rest of you really. Totally understand what you're saying regarding the communication lacking tremendously. I'm also very disheartened at how 2.0 has gone personally, and its something I still tell people to avoid when asked about which version to use. Seems all of the user input on what they would like to see is ignored, and just seems to be more crapware after more crapware being put in the core, with a few bug fixes from the community thrown in. To me, this isn't progress as it feels a bit stagnant

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Rainforest » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:36 am

JAY6390 wrote:Seems all of the user input on what they would like to see is ignored, and just seems to be more crapware after more crapware being put in the core, with a few bug fixes from the community thrown in. To me, this isn't progress as it feels a bit stagnant
+1
That pretty much sums it up.
I was still under the impression that 2.x is not to be used in a live store.
Would love to upgrade but it would be business suicide to do so.

Self Taught Opencart User & Developer Since 2010.

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:29 am

JAY6390 wrote: Just to note, while I and others are moderators on the forums, we're just as in the dark as the rest of you really. Totally understand what you're saying regarding the communication lacking tremendously. I'm also very disheartened at how 2.0 has gone personally, and its something I still tell people to avoid when asked about which version to use. Seems all of the user input on what they would like to see is ignored, and just seems to be more crapware after more crapware being put in the core, with a few bug fixes from the community thrown in. To me, this isn't progress as it feels a bit stagnant
Agreed.

It 's going nowhere these days and I feel that trying to upgrade to a "stable" 2.0 (if 2.x will ever be stable) is like an utopia, the same one like seeing Sepp Blatter leaving the FIFA.

Ow, wait.....

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by ozbod » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:14 pm

A simple request, we moved over to Open Cart 2.0.1.1 earlier this year from a wordpress based system and we are very happy with the results.

However, there have been a few upgrades since then and i like to keep things up to date, but cannot find out how to perform these Open Cart updates, the documentation relates to the earlier 1.5.x.x so not sure if this will work or not and we do have two live shops now.

Is there any documentation on how to do the updates please and dedicated docs for Open Cart 2.0 anywhere.

Many thanks for reading this

Dave

Post by villagedefrance » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:20 pm

JAY6390 wrote:I'm also very disheartened at how 2.0 has gone personally, and its something I still tell people to avoid when asked about which version to use. Seems all of the user input on what they would like to see is ignored, and just seems to be more crapware after more crapware being put in the core, with a few bug fixes from the community thrown in. To me, this isn't progress as it feels a bit stagnant
I also join in on that one.

I think that End users (shop owners and devs) should be driving the roadmap, since they use the stuff everyday and right now, they are probably spending more time fixing the code than being creative with it. Most good businesses listen to their customer feedback to improve and grow, and this should be the case for OpenCart too. Right now, me too, like many others it seems, got the feeling that OC is not going anywhere with v2.0 because they have lost touch with their "customer" base.
Very disheartening ...

OpenCart custom solutions @ https://villagedefrance.net

Location - UK

Post by leinto87 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:42 am

in my account on page return/add is an blank page....this is a bug of 2.0.3.1 ?

Post by aljawaid » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:40 am

leinto87 wrote:in my account on page return/add is an blank page....this is a bug of 2.0.3.1 ?
Shouldn't be...it's working fine on mine with and without logging into a test account

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK

Post by ozbod » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:55 pm

@CelBot

Hi Tony thanks for your reply, I think I am going to stick were I am for the time being, it's ticking over sweetly for us, still learning!
The biggest improvement is speed when compared to the Wordpress solution we had, plus the other solution forgot to deprecate stock level from time to time when sales were made - not good.
I guess at some time I could set up a copy on a dev site and try the upgrades, if I do I will write it up and share it with everyone.
You mentioned you had identified some steps that would need doing, would you care to share these with me?
All the best
Dave

Post by don@ptg » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Hello, I am a new user to opencart. A few weeks ago we started a test opencart site to explore the possibilities of moving from a zencart site (done by a previous employee) to opencart. There is a lot to like about opencart! Unfortunately the upgrade from 2020 that was only a few weeks old, to 2031 was not as smooth as we had hoped and my managers are now talking about scrapping the project and trying something with a more stable code base that doesn't change every month.

I thought I would share my thoughts on the process and see if my inexperience with opencart has led me to miss something.
1) changelog.md lists changes and git hub addresses, but there is no specific changed file list like zencart includes with its updates. When updating a live site we previously found these lists very useful in tracking down why our site broke after an upgrade.

2) In the upgrade.txt instructions, it talks briefly about creating an upgrade patch.
If you are up to date with the last recent version and want to find just the new files that have changed since the last version, you can follow this guide to create a smaller changes-only patch. But for most, the full opencart zip will suffice.
I could not find the "guide" it referred to and ended up following the instructions as written. That promptly broke our template and we had to rebuild the site from a backup, it works now. Not knowing which specific files where changed in the upgrade I am not sure if some of the files I used in repairing the site might have undone any upgrades.

So right now we are unsure on pursuing the opencart store further because of the constantly changing code and having to reconstruct a site after what was suppose to be a minor upgrade.

Post by rph » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:25 am

JAY6390 wrote:Just to note, while I and others are moderators on the forums, we're just as in the dark as the rest of you really. Totally understand what you're saying regarding the communication lacking tremendously. I'm also very disheartened at how 2.0 has gone personally, and its something I still tell people to avoid when asked about which version to use. Seems all of the user input on what they would like to see is ignored, and just seems to be more crapware after more crapware being put in the core, with a few bug fixes from the community thrown in. To me, this isn't progress as it feels a bit stagnant
I'll add my voice to those agreeing with your post. It feels like we're at a point where OpenCart isn't serving store owners or developers.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by gob33 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:18 am

Content removed by Heather for promoting external solutions. This is not permitted on the forum.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by overthroned » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:40 pm

To be honest I am using Softoculus on my cPanel. It does the upgrades in 1 minute. First I installed 2.0.1.0, it offered me to upgrade to 2.0.2.0, now it is offering me to upgrade to 2.0.3.1 and I just need to press 1 button. This is amazing. After that I just need to update the plugins (which are ready for 2.0.3.1 - love OC developers :) ) - 10 minute process, no need to change the DB or other hard stuff.

Also it give the possibility to install 1.5.6.4 in few clicks.

I think they pull the system directly from GitHub. The update from 2.0.2.0 to 2.0.3.1 was released in 24h after the new system was released in GitHub and on OC website.

Hope this will help to somebody who is going to setup new store. Just install it through Softoculus in your cPanel and you will forget about manual updates :P

Cheers,
Max

Post by i2Paq » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:58 pm

overthroned wrote:To be honest I am using Softoculus on my cPanel. It does the upgrades in 1 minute.
That is not an upgrade but an install.

You could lose everything!

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Softaculous will also remove all edits to any core files that you make, including disabling vqmod. its unlikely it will make changes necessary to your current database either, though I've not tested this out

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom