Post by beipink » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:35 pm

iplocker wrote:They are taking the whole Opencart, how about you take the Update with one click feature they have implement which is so needed??? ;D
Thanks
I wouldn't want one click update on my store not a store where to get extension etc etc. it's all potential one-click disaster stuff. There are things that are far far more important that this, ie a robust extension system.

Not sure what the below changes entail but I suspect they will not make a big difference in my everyday life

template editor
email editor
language editor
layout manager
seo keyword manager

In my own experience, these changes will help me managing the store better.
- a product bundle (Magento looks like has come up with a good way to handle product type, but even something similar to Prestahop bundle system would help)
- Free shipping module applicable to single products and customer groups.
- With regards to prices: a simple change that allow to apply discounted price or special price etc to all customer groups at once makes it easy sometimes to handle multiple groups with discounts and special.
- Finally I wonder why the re-order button (entire order) was removed from OC 2.0.x

Post by Daniel » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:28 am

JNeuhoff wrote:Just curious: What will the upcoming template manager do?

As regards bugfixes: The ones I submitted to github are already all fixed!
possibly using a 3rd party simple template system. i want people to be able to edit templates. similar to shopify. I will build the system to still allow the old templates to work. just add a library folder called template and have a driver for each template system. any recommendations for a template system? maybe twiggy.

it will help with the opencart cloud system we are building. i have already written the backend for it but i think bug fixing and adding more features to opencart takes priority at the moment.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:59 am

possibly using a 3rd party simple template system. i want people to be able to edit templates. similar to shopify. I will beuid the system to still allow the old templates to work. just add a library folder called template and have a driver for each template system. any recommendations for a template system? maybe twiggy.
I hope it won't be Liquid, an open-source, Ruby-based template language created by Shopify. Like Smarty in CMSMS, it just tries to re-invent the wheel.

Regardless of what theme engine is used, it needs to address the issue of 3rd party OpenCart extensions being able to modify the templates without resorting to OCmod/VQmod. I'd like to have the resulting HTML be able to be parsed by e.g. XML-parsers so that 3rd party extensions can insert or remove HTML portions generated from the templates.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:05 am

JNeuhoff wrote:I'd like to have the resulting HTML be able to be parsed by e.g. XML-parsers so that 3rd party extensions can insert or remove HTML portions generated from the templates.
Any examples of this? Would be interested in seeing how that could be achieved and what could be done

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by mhoq » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Daniel wrote:@danniost banned for lying about copyright law.
As far as i know I think
"Denis Dulici who created Arastta is very good in stealing code and lying about that.
He stole JooCart's(joomla and opencart integration) code and made ayelshop->aceshop->mijoshop.He joins with JoomAce llc and renamed ayelshop to aceshop.Then created a new company Miwisoft LLC copied lots of products(aceshop,aceacl,acesef etc) from them to his new company such as mijoshop,mijoacl,mijosef etc

Now he copied OpenCart started new ecommerce Arastta"

Post by Daniel » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:58 am

mhoq wrote:
Daniel wrote:@danniost banned for lying about copyright law.
As far as i know I think
"Denis Dulici who created Arastta is very good in stealing code and lying about that.
He stole JooCart's(joomla and opencart integration) code and made ayelshop->aceshop->mijoshop.He joins with JoomAce llc and renamed ayelshop to aceshop.Then created a new company Miwisoft LLC copied lots of products(aceshop,aceacl,acesef etc) from them to his new company such as mijoshop,mijoacl,mijosef etc

Now he copied OpenCart started new ecommerce Arastta"
no more mentioning this guy unless its under the fraud section.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:06 am

JNeuhoff wrote: I hope it won't be Liquid, an open-source, Ruby-based template language created by Shopify. Like Smarty in CMSMS, it just tries to re-invent the wheel.
people keep recommending twig. I'm open to adding 3rd party scripts. maybe add a vendor folder.
JNeuhoff wrote: Regardless of what theme engine is used, it needs to address the issue of 3rd party OpenCart extensions being able to modify the templates without resorting to OCmod/VQmod. I'd like to have the resulting HTML be able to be parsed by e.g. XML-parsers so that 3rd party extensions can insert or remove HTML portions generated from the templates.
yep. not so easy without making massive changes through out the system. should have done these changes before 2.0 was released.

maybe have a hook system in the loader class. need to do it with controllers as well maybe.

not sure how to handle the language vars for this. maybe just throw them all into to the template.

problem is some of vars require being used with sprintf.

lots to think about.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:15 am

JAY6390 wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote:I'd like to have the resulting HTML be able to be parsed by e.g. XML-parsers so that 3rd party extensions can insert or remove HTML portions generated from the templates.
Any examples of this? Would be interested in seeing how that could be achieved and what could be done
I would imagine you'd need to use DOMDocument/xpath instead of RegEx or str_replace... similar to our past discussions about being able to find the correct open/closing <div> tags in a sea of nested <div> tags within vQmod.

I know the idea here is to do it without vQmod, but effectively it would be some sort of mod system to parse and alter html and vQmod is as good as any... Something in vQmod could be done like

html:

Code: Select all

<div id="content">
  <ul>
    <li class="list-item">Apple</li>
    <li class="list-item">Banana</li>
    <li class="list-item">Cherry</li>
  </ul>
</div>
vQmod:

<search xpath="//div[@id='content']/ul/li" item="2" position="before"></search>
<add><![CDATA[<li class="list-item">Pear</li>]]></add>
Result:

<div id="content">
  <ul>
    <li class="list-item">Apple</li>
    <li class="list-item">Pear</li>
    <li class="list-item">Banana</li>
    <li class="list-item">Cherry</li>
  </ul>
</div>
We'd just need to add Dom support to vQmod

Administrator

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:00 am

Would that work though with templates being split up? i.e. would the dom parse be able to handle the content if its not the full template

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:05 am

JAY6390 wrote:Would that work though with templates being split up? i.e. would the dom parse be able to handle the content if its not the full template
No, it probably wouldn't. Some templates like common/header.tpl have unclosed tags such as <html>, <body> etc.
Also, it uses HTML5 rather than for example XHTML5, hence I am not sure whether any simple XML parser will do the job. And then there is the problem of preserving <script> .... </script> areas.

It could all be resolved, but it would need some changes to OpenCart's template engine:
  • Re-introduce a common.tpl as it used to be in the past
    Then all tags in sub-templates are always closed
  • Use stricter XHTML5 rather than the more error-tolerant HTML5
  • Find a workaround for preserving the <script> tags
  • Introduce a 'post.load.view' event for final modifications of rendered templates

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by iplocker » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:02 am

Hello.
How is it going with the implementation of the new features, opencarts needs a release with finally some new features based also to what ppls saying at UserVoice site otherwise its like ignore them completely.

Also Daniel please take a deeper look to the automatic update . Its very cool feature I think.

Thanks

Post by tjsystems » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:08 am

iplocker wrote:Hello.
How is it going with the implementation of the new features, opencarts needs a release with finally some new features based also to what ppls saying at UserVoice site otherwise its like ignore them completely.

Also Daniel please take a deeper look to the automatic update . Its very cool feature I think.

Thanks
Nobody of the OC-staff even talked about feature-requests from UserVoice... So don't have any hopes on this :(

Live with 2.2.0.0 fully SSL.

Location - NL, Amsterdam

Post by iplocker » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 pm

Then lets delete the sticked post "Have an improvement suggestion?" and dont put ppls in that procedure of vote as its comes with a hope that some day those famous requested features will be implemented .

Thanks
Theo

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:16 am

iplocker wrote:Then lets delete the sticked post "Have an improvement suggestion?" and dont put ppls in that procedure of vote as its comes with a hope that some day those famous requested features will be implemented .

Thanks
Theo
I have asked James bout this.

I'll let you know his reply.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by sasamarkovic » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:58 pm

great i am glad for a new version of opencart

izrada internet prodavnice
opencart
optimizacija sajta
izrada sajtova

Location - beograd

Post by jiao » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Any word when this next version is going to be released? I am holding off on my current install until I hear back, don't want to go through all the trouble and then a new version comes out the next day. Thanks.

Post by iplocker » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Hello.

What was the big attempt to move the extensions to a new folder and suddenly Daniel move them back the their old folder?
Do we know if any new feature is in progress to established in the next version ?

Thanks
Theo

Post by Adan5782 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:38 pm

I don't think OpenCart 2.0.3.0 can be more useful than the previous one. So, it is necessary to do? :'(

Casesam
Samsung Galaxy S6 case
Last edited by Adan5782 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by moneycarlo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:14 am

jiao wrote:Any word when this next version is going to be released? I am holding off on my current install until I hear back, don't want to go through all the trouble and then a new version comes out the next day. Thanks.
you won't see a release schedule so you won't know when the next version is ready.. You're best off working with what's presently available than waiting til who knows when for who knows what bugs/features are included.

Post by blackmamba » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:27 am

Daniel wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote:Just curious: What will the upcoming template manager do?

As regards bugfixes: The ones I submitted to github are already all fixed!
possibly using a 3rd party simple template system. i want people to be able to edit templates. similar to shopify. I will build the system to still allow the old templates to work. just add a library folder called template and have a driver for each template system. any recommendations for a template system? maybe twiggy.

it will help with the opencart cloud system we are building. i have already written the backend for it but i think bug fixing and adding more features to opencart takes priority at the moment.

Twig (PHP template engine) is a great idea. Take also a look at Nunjucks (JS template engine), it's developed by Mozilla and has a great documentation. I hope I was helpful.