Post by slingeraap » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:00 am

rmi wrote:
slingeraap wrote:...

I see it is still not possible to insert products with prices including VAT. And I see there is no extension yet that is compatible with OC 2, is it? I used this one http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=13409 on my previous OC 1.5.6 which was good. If someone knows a compatible extension for this with OC 2.0 it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Otherwise, I will restore my backup and will revert to OC 1.5.6 again, because, I have no choice. :)
You might wan't to try Bulk Product Update Pro which includes feature "Adding ability to enter gross prices – simple Prices incl Tax helper"
Thank you. I don't see that functionality in the screenshots yet, but they say it is there so it should. :) Maybe I try this one if one of my clients wants to update to OC 2.0. But it looks like I am switching to Wordpress and WooCommerce from now on...

Post by sajalaspl » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Hello admin,

I've checked that there are rest json apis available in the 2.0 version. I'm not sure how exactly that could be used..? Anyone could help on this..? I am talking about "catalog/api" files.

I checked that you can "POST" data to add products to cart and can checkout using APIs, but still there are no apis for listing of the products...? How one would submit the product data from the front-end...?

Say, I am preparing android app, but how could I display products...? there are no apis for that... ?

Please give few examples of usecase which can be used with this api module.

Post by tjsystems » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:05 am

Any status about upgrade from 1.5.x.... we're now a couple of month into 2.x....

Live with 2.2.0.0 fully SSL.

Location - NL, Amsterdam

Post by jalgaonkar.milind » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:59 pm

Hi

we need Right assistance from your side please let me know all this my requirement will be full fill in your OpenCart

We are developing a cms catalogue/shopping site that allows sellers to list their products and buyers to buy directly from them, along with tools to help both communicate and manage their orders and communications. The site will be similar in function and look to asos.com but with a few additional features, one of which is an animation that users can manipulate, a simple image that via entering data into data fields adjusts it's shape, this animation and the whole site needs to work on smart phones, ipad and all browsers

We have created some GUI images for reference but asos.com is your guideline. Do not bid until you have made yourself very familiar with asos.com and all it's functions, from the shopping and delivery process to the internal messaging system.

Notes
- create a chat function that allows each supplier to chat with users who are on their product page.
- integrate rocketshipit shipping module
- Paypal chain payment api development
- multi lingual/currency
- more

All orders, supplier and customer details need to be managed via admin along with the usual system generated auto emails involved in ordering, buying and selling process and the ability to create admin emails etc

Admin back end needs all the functions that allow us to create and manage the front end categories, sub cats etc, documents and the buying, order management and delivery process as with the asos.com example

Post by danielBchr » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:52 am

Hello,
I installed OpenCart 2.0.1.1 2 days ago. On the subject of which is the original, we introduced several products, then I activate recently added products. After a few additions of products found on the main page at the top, the following error message:
: Warning: array_slice () expects parameter 1 to be array, string Given the /home/xxx/public_html/magazin-online/catalog/controller/module/featured.php online 24Warning: Invalid argument Supplied for foreach () in / home /xxx/public_html/magazin-online/catalog/controller/module/featured.php on line 26.

Please help me for correction. It requires deleting and reinstalling OpenCart?

Post by malezan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:16 pm

I got this error when try to upgreade from 1.5.6.4
Notice: Error: Can't DROP 'option_value'; check that column/key exists
Error No: 1091
ALTER TABLE `oc_product_option` DROP `option_value` in /home/heatwiz/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/heatwiz/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php:40) in /home/heatwiz/public_html/system/library/response.php on line 12

Post by moddish » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:59 am

Couple errors that I checked and are present on the demo page here as well.

Edit order admin. when you click continue on the first page give Json error.

Same error when you view and order and try and update order history.

Checked with chrome and firefox on my server as well as the demo page on opencart.com , same error.

anyone know what this could be, assuming its a easy fix just not sure where to look.

site does not have htpass, checked api user, and also made a new user and assigned id 1, set that as the api user in settings, curl is enabled, also maintenance mode is off.... anything else you know of to try?

Thanks
Last edited by moddish on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by slavib » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:49 am

Hello Daniel.
I want to ask.
Will equally one shop after two months.
Now I start? Do you expect soon a new version?

Post by edwinar » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:31 pm

I have upgrade OC from 1.4.5 to 2.0.1.1 but failed
my site rumahmall.com - apper error

the error appear on upgrade :

Notice: Error: Can't DROP 'option_value'; check that column/key exists
Error No: 1091
Error in: /home/public_html/install/model/upgrade.php line 349
ALTER TABLE `ma_product_option` DROP `option_value` in /home/h68196/public_html/system/library/db/mysql.php on line 53

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/system/library/db/mysql.php:53) in /home/public_html/system/library/response.php on line 12

Please Help

Regard
Edwin

Post by evanomondi » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:47 am

Hi does anyone know how to convert sql database from opencart version 1.5.6.4 to opencart 2.0.1.1?
I have an old backup I need to use on my upgraded store.

Post by amdev » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:13 pm

evanomondi wrote:Hi does anyone know how to convert sql database from opencart version 1.5.6.4 to opencart 2.0.1.1?
I have an old backup I need to use on my upgraded store.
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=137687

ร้านค้าออนไลน์
OpenCart Thailand Support Forum
How to Upgrade oc1.5 to 2.0.1.1
Upgrading OpenCart From v.1.4 or v.1.5 to V.2.2 Step by step

Location - Bangkok - Thailand

Post by hamzaghani » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:13 pm

Opencart upgrade is done the normal way if you are using Opencart 1.5.1.3+.
But, to help you further, I will try to write a complete easy to follow guide on this :)

Cheers!

Free OpenCart Professional Tutorials and Guides, Feel Free To Check it out :)

Post by praveenkathari » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Ho its great 1.5.6.4 and 2.0 works with HHVM server

Post by vipuljethva » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Hello samual,

Congratulation for new version release.

I installed latest version but i found the one error, In admin side, custom field is not properly work to add. can you please help me to solve the issue.

Thank You

Post by tamertolba » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Opencart 2.0.1.1 installation on iPage host
http://youtu.be/3Xu1EL9Wzo8

https://www.mkanak.com
https://www.mkanak.net

Location - Egypt

Post by tamertolba » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:43 pm

How to install OpenCart Ver 2.0.1.1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xu1EL9Wzo8

https://www.mkanak.com
https://www.mkanak.net

Location - Egypt

Post by antonior14 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi! Is there way to upgrade from 1.5.5.1 version to latest 2.0.1.1 for both admin/catalog/db?

Post by dswtpl » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:24 pm

Hello Sir,

In Version 2.0.1.1, I have found one error. It show "Notice: Undefined index: customer_group_id in" in the custom fields section in customer tab.

May be it is useful for next version to fix this issue.

Thank You. :)

Post by Gadgetroid » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Opencart 2 is a great improvement with its bootstrap offering which tackles the problem of mobile responsiveness. Just want to add that its great work and well done - keep up the good work. It would be even better if some basic qualities of a cms were included as a standard.

1. Opencart has a manufacturer field by default - this field currently lacks a description forcing many to pay for extensions for basic functionality. This should come as standard and not a paid module.

2. Opencart 1.5xxx allowed adding alts by default on image upload. Opencart 2 has taken away this functionality. You have to remember that after a developer installs and optimizes the cms. It's mostly down to staff to upload products. They may not realise that that alt tags are an important aspect of SEO. So technically Opencart 2 is weaker in seo than 1.5xx. The alt tags are also used in some cases when the image fails to be displayed by the browser or device and the name of an image is used in that case.

3. Opencart 1.5xxx used to provide rss feeds by default. Opencart 2 no longer has that functionality. This means content is less distributable. There are thousands of developers who base their content on rss feeds when developing applications. It also means that since the content has now become less distributable weaker in SEO in terms of presence. Please add RSS product feed as it was before. Wordpress and other CMS's pride themselves in the fact that they have "auto rss" capabilities.

4. Finally it would be nice if brands/manufacturers being connected display descriptions and logos/pictures by default.

Other than these little facts its a great CMS. Most of clients don't mind paying for proper extensions like openbaypro, payments modules, themes, email marketing etc. - what is worrying is having to pay - just use the basic functionality.

Post by pm-netti » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:50 pm

Gadgetroid wrote:
3. Opencart 1.5xxx used to provide rss feeds by default. Opencart 2 no longer has that functionality.
You see to Admin > Extension > Feeds

Attachments

feed.png

feed.png (23.22 KiB) Viewed 37958 times

Location - Kittilä, Finland