Post by Daniel » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:57 am

2.0.1.1 has now been released and is available for download!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.
OpenCart commercial support now available!


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by alen.dr » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:18 am

Is this version already good for using in production?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by tjsystems » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:28 am

Can we use this over the 2.0.1.0 database... or do a new install?

Live with 2.2.0.0 fully SSL.


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:39 pm
Location - NL, Amsterdam

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:30 am

alen.dr wrote:Is this version already good for using in production?
I think it is. It's basically a bugfix release based on 2.0.1.0, e.g. for OCmod and other issues.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Multilingual SEO * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Download Options * Free Download Buttons * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:32 am

tjsystems wrote:Can we use this over the 2.0.1.0 database... or do a new install?
Yes, you should be able to use the same database and configuration.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Multilingual SEO * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Download Options * Free Download Buttons * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by pm-netti » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:16 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
tjsystems wrote:Can we use this over the 2.0.1.0 database... or do a new install?
Yes, you should be able to use the same database and configuration.
I checked, this is not difference in database.

Image
- - - OpenCart Upgrade Service - - -


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:22 pm
Location - Kittilä-Finland

Post by tjsystems » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:53 am

pm-netti wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote:
tjsystems wrote:Can we use this over the 2.0.1.0 database... or do a new install?
Yes, you should be able to use the same database and configuration.
I checked, this is not difference in database.

Thanks guys, working just fine for me!

Live with 2.2.0.0 fully SSL.


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:39 pm
Location - NL, Amsterdam

Post by csgit » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Just installed OC 2.0.1.1.
I report that on mobile using on Android (browser Chrome or Firefox) when checkout with phone in normal position (vertical) the quantity is hidden, so i must turn the phone.
Customers not understand how many items they are buying. May cause problems in purchasing.
We are starting a shop so i report my experince before go live. What do you think?
Some images below.

Attachments

qty android.jpg

qty android.jpg (66.01 KiB) Viewed 67120 times

Last edited by csgit on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Post by mattlee » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:35 pm

Just download 2.0.1.1 and reply all the file to server??

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:25 am

Post by VladZablotskyy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Daniel,

It safe to upgrade from 1.5.x now? I tried to do so with OC 2.0 without success.

Thanks in advance!

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:47 am

Post by lz1nud » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:19 pm

VladZablotskyy wrote:Daniel,

It safe to upgrade from 1.5.x now? I tried to do so with OC 2.0 without success.

Thanks in advance!
Didn't try to upgrade, but 95% ot the old vQmod extentions dosn't work on 2.0, so you need to wait for a newer versions ot them too. The upgrade is not the only problem.

Sky-Mag Bulgaria


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:35 am
Location - Bulgaria

Post by jurpro » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:44 pm

csgit wrote:Just installed OC 2.0.1.1.
I report that on mobile using on Android (browser Chrome or Firefox) when checkout with phone in normal position (vertical) the quantity is hidden, so i must turn the phone.
Customers not understand how many items they are buying. May cause problems in purchasing.
We are starting a shop so i report my experince before go live. What do you think?
Some images below.
Same on iphone 4/4s 5/5s. I don't know on iphone 6/6plus.

Cari album edisi luar negeri? Atau dalam negeri juga bisa. Kunjungi saja http://www.sawios.com Semoga bisa membantu. :)


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Daniel » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:49 am

just ddit the css your self. its unlikly you will use the default template. 2 second job

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.
OpenCart commercial support now available!


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by virgotch » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:05 pm

can we use this new release finally in real store or we need to wait some time else?
is this 2.0.1.1 stable version ? i ask because in github everyday still bugs and isues reports continue

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:10 am

Post by anna_raiders » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Is there any change in database structure from opencart 2.0.0.0 ?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Post by Daniel » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:16 pm

virgotch wrote:can we use this new release finally in real store or we need to wait some time else?
is this 2.0.1.1 stable version ? i ask because in github everyday still bugs and isues reports continue
every project is the same.

the last release was stable. the only issues reported where minior ones.

there is no issues to stop people buying and selling.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.
OpenCart commercial support now available!


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by tjsystems » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Is is possible for the demo data from the installer to get ALL the required fields to be filled in. For example the "Meta Tag Title" in products and category is missing in the demo products.

Also a thing while developing on a localhost... the admin uses Google fonts... very slow and unnecessary.

Thanks,
Tim

edit: typo

Live with 2.2.0.0 fully SSL.


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:39 pm
Location - NL, Amsterdam

Post by virgotch » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:13 pm

use you brain.
i think you must use your brain and learn how to talk with people when they ask questions and ask you some new idea or something and beso use your brain to learn little how to make release from other cms teams and dont make new release number before you fix all bugs and isues old versions , you made 3 release number 1 month and nobody understand nothing which release or number to download and use , why you hurry ? you are late again to any exhibition in any country to show new release even with bugs and problems ?

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:10 am

Post by Daniel » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:54 pm

virgotch wrote:
use you brain.
i think you must use your brain and learn how to talk with people when they ask questions and ask you some new idea or something and beso use your brain to learn little how to make release from other cms teams and dont make new release number before you fix all bugs and isues old versions , you made 3 release number 1 month and nobody understand nothing which release or number to download and use , why you hurry ? you are late again to any exhibition in any country to show new release even with bugs and problems ?
you should not be posting such stupid questions! the latest release is always the one you should use.

no store owner should upgrade their site just because a new version comes out. Most sites are become very heavily custom coded over time. If your site works don't mess with it. If you find a bug search the forums or github for the fix and apply it your self. If you are not a coder hire some one from odesk to do it for you. if you are running a business you need to pay sometimes. you can not expect to have everything free.

look at wordpresses github release cycle!

https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/releases

They released 3 versions in one day.

Joomla

91 issues, 388 pull reqests!

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues

They seem to release a lot as well.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.
OpenCart commercial support now available!


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by speransa » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:46 pm

customers vs users ???

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:08 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests