Post by airetechit » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:33 pm

jareds87 wrote:If I upgrade to this version and then add all my products and stuff (just starting my store), what will happen if I need to upgrade to the next version, e.g. 1.4.5 onwards?

Will I loose my data (products, prices, images, etc) ?

Thanks
If you follow the Upgrade steps posted in the Installation/Upgrade Support forum then you shouldn't lose any data but always backup before upgrading anyway.

Best Regards,
David Catherall,
AireTech IT.

Location - Goole, United Kingdom

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:36 pm

ekerazha wrote:Are invoices fixed?
invoices anr't broken!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by muflon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:58 pm

Daniel wrote:Guys do you think I should change the next version so you can set multi-shop settings from the settigns page?
I think that is better than current settings managment

Post by i2Paq » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 pm

muflon wrote:
Daniel wrote:Guys do you think I should change the next version so you can set multi-shop settings from the settigns page?
I think that is better than current settings managment
I agree.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by i2Paq » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Daniel wrote:
ekerazha wrote:Are invoices fixed?
invoices anr't broken!
No, but they are still unusable in Europe!

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Daniel » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:46 am

ok i will sort the invoices out fore the next release.

ipaq can you contact me on skype or somethign. I want to talk to you about the invoices.

i have an idea how to do it but would like to confirm if its reight.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by crusin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:24 am

Hello,

Good work Daniel, the current version seems good, but what we are really missing is some good professional templates for the store. As the same product cant be delivered or showed to various clients. Can we have some really cool templates where apart from the look and feel the positions and placements of tabs and products also changes, also we can have an option for a drop down in terms of products.

Also i would like to know that can we change the option for the home page where only latest products appear, cant we have an option where we can display 30-40 products on the home page. Also can we have an option for banner management where we can place banners on our websites for advertising either on the left or right side or even bottom of the page these banners can be placed on any page as and when required.

Apart from this there one more important features that i have been looking for and asking people on this forum, can we have an module for sending sms's to our clients whenever an order is placed.I have the sms gateway with me but i dnt know how to integrate it with opencart whenever an order is placed and a payment option is selected and the customer should also receive an sms as confirmation stating that order has been placed. Similar to our emailing process.

Post by i2Paq » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Pleas, if you want new or additional features added to OpenCart post them in the Feature request topic.

I have split the feature requests from this release topic moved them there.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by payflow » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:04 am

I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the releases here. On other open source projects, the development team generally does Release Candidate builds. That way there is a differentiation between the stable versions and the "please help us test this but you might not want to put it in your production environment" versions. I've seen Release Candidates go up to RC26 before. You can roughly measure release quality by how often you are releasing RC builds. Ideally, RC builds will slow to a crawl (you might initially release daily until the major issues are fixed and then things will slow down). Don't add features during an RC phase, just bug fixes. RC builds allow for keeping the same version number when going live. (1.4.1 RC5 then becomes 1.4.1 when everything is solidified.) There may still be bugs but the obvious ones will get squashed. I would do an RC build when you think you have nailed all the bugs that people found since the last RC. RC builds conform to the developer's mantra of "release early, release often."

Just a couple of thoughts.

Post by tronics » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:43 am

Thanks it is great you are making this fast progress.
Any complaints about too fast releases or hassle of upgrades are in my opinion obsolete, as you are defining the product here better and better.
There will be a point where the architecture is so well, that upgrading will be easier.

But however I have some installs with older versions and they are all reliable and function very well.
No need to upgrade everything.

Working on a new project now with the newest version it is a breeze :)

Getting invoicing to be well usable in Europe too would be awesome :)

Cheers,
tronics

Post by jusmeig » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:01 pm

This is one of the whiniest communities I have ever seen (some not all)
Who the hell told you that you have to upgrade???

Whats more disturbing is that you hang around the forums all day waiting to give out to someone for making a great bit of software for free!!!!

Only upgrade if you have to (ie security fixes).
Don't bite the hand tat feeds you indeed, just annoy the hell out of him so much he hangs up his gloves and another great open source project dies.

Rant over...

Post by 12oclocker » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:16 am

First of all, Great Job on Open cart, it's awesome, quick question; Did you guys fix the USPS shipping bug I found in version 1.4.0, I'm still using 1.4.0, I fixed the bug in code, and posted a quick fix in the forums, just wondering if you guys wrote the error handling code for the USPS server error messages. I'll keep checking the forums and download the next stable version and convert everything over, meanwhile I figured out a cool way to "COPY" products & items in 1.4.0, it's a little trick, requires no coding, I'll post up directions as soon as I get a chance.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:59 pm

12oclocker wrote:meanwhile I figured out a cool way to "COPY" products & items in 1.4.0, it's a little trick, requires no coding, I'll post up directions as soon as I get a chance.

I'll take one guess:
1. EDIT a product
2. Change the FORM action to point to insert and remove the product id field using Inspect Element in FF or Chrome

This may not be your way, but it would also work

Administrator

Post by buyparfumes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:46 pm

I have not been in the forum for a while ans saw that there are some new versions. The last version i used is 1.4.0. Are there any new things?

парфюми на ниски цени от качествена парфюмерия | филми - всички известни филми | играй игри за деца и големи

Post by crusin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Hello,

i am getting a error while inserting a new product within oc 1.4.4, here is the error :

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

I am viewing this in mozzila firefox....Kindly let me know wat the issue could be

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:50 pm

crusin wrote:Hello,

i am getting a error while inserting a new product within oc 1.4.4, here is the error :

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

I am viewing this in mozzila firefox....Kindly let me know wat the issue could be
Set your compression level to 0 instead of 4 in the settings area under the server tab. It is trying to show a php error but it causes compression errors

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:56 pm

i;m going to set compression level to 0 by default in the next release.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Chrissy Poo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:11 am

Daniel wrote:i;m going to set compression level to 0 by default in the next release.
That's a good idea :)

Hows the next release coming along? Looking forward to getting stuck in ;D

10% Discount on all Shared and Reseller Hosting Packages at Vidahost.com

Discount Code: DISCOUNT10

Location - UK

Post by Daniel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:11 am

very soon. its a bit late now. should be this weekend.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by shoo002 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Is the new release going to have any of the things discussed recently on the forums.

1. Backend Order Entry
2. Order Edit
3.Returns system

I know your busy Daniel, i'm just asking.

Regards
Stewart