Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:44 am

antoinef wrote:
Daniel wrote:
yes it is.

please let me know if you find any problems.
Hello Daniel,

I have not been able to make the royal mail shipping module work with a product weight > 0

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you happen to fix this bug.

Thanks.

Antoine
check your weight classes. make sure you did not delete the one you were using. it works for me.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by paulsvang » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:52 am

It works great so far but I have a quick note. It seems when I change the template to anotherone in the store manager, it works great. However, when I go back into the store manager, the drop down for the template always defaults to the same one. Would it be better if it showed the template that is currently being used? Makes more sense to me.

Just a thought.

Opencart User

Post by antoinef » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:55 am

Daniel wrote:
check your weight classes. make sure you did not delete the one you were using. it works for me.
I'm not from UK so I don't know what the Royal Mail prices/options should behave.
It seems that product weight is not an issue. Some services seems to appears or not based on the product weight. I guess this is normal behavior. Is it ?

Antoine

Post by rednet » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:58 am

How to update from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2 ?

Post by kr1s » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm new on here & new to Opencart, infact I haven't downloaded it yet only played with the demo, but it looks to be what I'm after & have just scrapped 30 hours spent on Magento for it.

I do have a couple of questions though regarding multistore, can you use sub domains for extra stores? Are you limited on the amount of stores (I need 1 master store & 4 small stores)?

Keep up the good work :)

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:14 am

antoinef wrote:
Daniel wrote:
I'm not from UK so I don't know what the Royal Mail prices/options should behave.
It seems that product weight is not an issue. Some services seems to appears or not based on the product weight. I guess this is normal behavior. Is it ?

Antoine
thats how royal mail works!

only some will show up because most methods are UK only!

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:15 am

paulsvang wrote:It works great so far but I have a quick note. It seems when I change the template to anotherone in the store manager, it works great. However, when I go back into the store manager, the drop down for the template always defaults to the same one. Would it be better if it showed the template that is currently being used? Makes more sense to me.

Just a thought.

its a bug. will be fixed in the next version.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:16 am

kr1s wrote:Hi Everyone!

I'm new on here & new to Opencart, infact I haven't downloaded it yet only played with the demo, but it looks to be what I'm after & have just scrapped 30 hours spent on Magento for it.

I do have a couple of questions though regarding multistore, can you use sub domains for extra stores? Are you limited on the amount of stores (I need 1 master store & 4 small stores)?

Keep up the good work :)
it should do but you need to configure your sub domain to point to your main hosting directory.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by LeetPirate » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:08 am

Hi, thanks for the update!
Quick question, does this version switch product pictures to match the options selected? As in what is requested in this topic.

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 am

no

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by payflow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:54 am

Looking over the changes between 1.4.0 and 1.4.2, I have one serious "What were you thinking" question to ask. Why did you change from (diff file):

Code: Select all

-		$this->data['sort_name'] = $this->url->https('sale/customer&sort=name' . $url);
To:

+		$this->data['sort_name'] = HTTPS_SERVER . 'index.php?route=sale/customer&sort=name' . $url;
Similar changes show up everywhere. The original relevant function was:

public function https($route) {
		if (HTTPS_SERVER != '') {
	  		$link = HTTPS_SERVER . 'index.php?route=' . str_replace('&', '&', $route);
		} else {
	  		$link = HTTP_SERVER . 'index.php?route=' . str_replace('&', '&', $route);
		}

return $link;
  	}
It could have simply been changed to:

public function https($route) {
		return HTTPS_SERVER . 'index.php?route=' . $route;
  	}
And achieved the same exact effect. I'd love to hear the logic that necessitated the 1.5MB diff file that results from this change. The largest diff file I've ever produced that spanned across all files of an entire release was 85KB.
Last edited by i2Paq on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Code-tags

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:37 am

Basicly the url class was pretty stuiped. it should not have existed at all. whch frameworks have a url class like the one I used? I might as well just have used 2 functions.

Sorry for th ecore change but i think thats the last one i will do thats that big.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by elmo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 am

Hi There: Will the current 1.4.0 addon modules work in ver 1.4.2

Thanks in advance
Elrond
www.directit.co.nz/index.php

Post by Jacob_chan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:41 am

Hello everyone!

Could anyboday provide a detailed instruction of upgrade from 1.40 to 1.42?

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by i2Paq on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adjusted to look normal

Post by dbstr » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Daniel wrote:Basicly the url class was pretty stuiped. it should not have existed at all. whch frameworks have a url class like the one I used? I might as well just have used 2 functions.

Sorry for th ecore change but i think thats the last one i will do thats that big.
Sorry to ask, but what was wrong with it? Why was it stupid?

I'm asking because I'm going to add it again, unless you can give me a good reason. I haven't been playing around with 1.4.x much yet, but that URL change doesn't make sense to me.

Also, could you answer my question from the 1.4.1 thread about the order editor? Thanks.

Request Reviews v1.0 released.

Post by i2Paq » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:30 pm

dbstr wrote:Also, could you answer my question from the 1.4.1 thread about the order editor? Thanks.
dbstr wrote:
Daniel wrote:I don't plan on adding any more features to opencart for a while.
So you are not gonna finish the order editor? I can see you already started it, and I really like the stuff you made already.

This is, in my opinion, one of the coolest things about opencart.. and its not even done ;-)
The planning is to first build a stable and bug "free" OC 1.4.x release.
After that I believe the OrderEdit is the first thing that will be build in, if I might believe Daniel.

I agree with you that it is a must have as NO OTHER cart has it in the core-code so it would be a great feature.
Like you I'm a little sad it is not there (yet) but I find it more importand to have a stable OC version.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by navex » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:39 pm

paulsvang wrote:It works great so far but I have a quick note. It seems when I change the template to anotherone in the store manager, it works great. However, when I go back into the store manager, the drop down for the template always defaults to the same one. Would it be better if it showed the template that is currently being used? Makes more sense to me.

Just a thought.
Yeah I've seen this too and am trying to find a fix.

Post by navex » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:45 pm

luiseduardo wrote:Does this new version fix the image manager issue? It still do not work properly

Thanks
Make sure to turn-off compatibility mode in IE.

Post by OSWorX » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:47 pm

navex wrote:

Just a thought.
Yeah I've seen this too and am trying to find a fix.
No need for, already marked as bug and fixed.

Please: use sometimes the forum search (the litte, tiny link at the top) before you post something.
thx!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by OSWorX » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:06 pm

elmo wrote:Hi There: Will the current 1.4.0 addon modules work in ver 1.4.2
It depends:

* basically they should
* but if they use some enhanced code (like tabs) this will work, but not correct (in the sample with the tabs for example only the link is shown, because the css.class has changed form tabs to htabs [THANK YOU DANIEL!!]).

Test them and if they will not work (or correct), contact the module author!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria