Post by kisaac » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:50 pm

Apologies for the newbie question -- I did try to search for an answer but was unsuccessful. I'm not adept with the lingo, which I think is why I'm failing at this step. I've installed the OC files (v3.0.2.0) and I'm on step 3 (configuration) on my server, which involves supplying database connection details. Unfortunately, the OC documentation only shows a picture of this screen, with no further help -- is there a place where these fields are better defined? The field names don't match what I'm seeing in CPanel.

Do I assume the Hostname = my website name? My web server is Web Hosting Canada (whc), and no matter what I enter in the Username field, the resulting error includes "mysqli::__construct(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'username'@'laurierweb.whc.ca' (using password: YES)".

How can I move forward and finish my installation? Thanks for your attention, and I'm happy to provide whatever additional info you need.

Post by Johnathan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:20 pm

Usually you can leave the hostname as "localhost" (no quotes) for the connection. If that doesn't work, you probably should contact your web host, and access them what to use for that setting --- they should hopefully know.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by kisaac » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:04 am

Johnathan wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:20 pm
Usually you can leave the hostname as "localhost" (no quotes) for the connection. If that doesn't work, you probably should contact your web host, and access them what to use for that setting --- they should hopefully know.
Thanks so much, Johnathan -- that entry, with a few attempts using different combinations of usernames, worked for me. Much appreciated!

Post by Johnathan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:26 pm

Glad I was able to help. :good:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator