Post by gpd » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:29 am

OC Version: Version 3.1.0.0_a1
Theme: Default
Extension/Mods: None - Out of the box

My query:

I'm attempting to evaluate Opencart by installing on a Debian 9 machine on
a private network (hence no link to my site). The machine was a clean
build and initially I added only the modules required to get opencart working
(working expect for the API issue below).

I've not been able to resolve ' Warning: You do not have permission to
access the API! ' when attempting to edit orders. (I have checked the
default store is set to use the default API, my browser IP is allowed and
my attempts to edit orders do result in records displaying in the sessions
tab. I've also tried creating new API entries, etc). (In fact my instinct is that it is not
strictly an API permission issue, but some install/config feature preventing the
code working as intended).

I've since installed various php modules, enabled apache modules, reinstalled
opencart, nothing has altered this API error.

I've installed on a WAMP server and the error does not appear there. I've
used that environment to check I have corresponding php and apache modules
on my Debian box. The Debian issue is consistent across several browsers;
Wamp works fine from these same browsers.

I've temporarily edited admin/index.php to include 'phpinfo()' to display
the modules etc in use and attached the output (html file renamed with an extra .txt
extension).

What am I missing? Thanks in anticipation.

=========== SOLVEd UPDATED 7 Oct 12:00 NZ time ===========

Huge thanks to xxvirusxx

The error was fixed after I made the session_engine in both system/config/catalog.php and system/config/catalog.php to be 'file'.

I can now see how I got myself in this corner.

The correctly working install on WAMP came from the download links on the Opencart website, the LAMP install came from https://github.com/opencart/opencart/archive/master.zip as included (for one example) in https://hostpresto.com/community/tutori ... ntu-16-04/.

The Opencart website download results in 3.0.2.0 and the github install results in 3.1.0.0_a1. I should have spotted these differences; hindsight is wonderful!

I guess the moral of the story is to use the version offered by the opencart website.
Last edited by gpd on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

gpd
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:27 am

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:43 pm

3.1.0.0a1 is not stable version

See here if bug exist
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues

Possible this bug
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/6783

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Post by gpd » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 am

=========== SOLVED UPDATED 7 Oct 12:00 NZ time ===========

Huge thanks to xxvirusxx

The error was fixed after I made the session_engine in both system/config/catalog.php and system/config/catalog.php to be 'file'.

I can now see how I got myself in this corner.

The correctly working install on WAMP came from the download links on the Opencart website, the LAMP install came from https://github.com/opencart/opencart/archive/master.zip as included (for one example) in https://hostpresto.com/community/tutori ... ntu-16-04/.

The Opencart website download results in 3.0.2.0 and the github install results in 3.1.0.0_a1. I should have spotted these differences; hindsight is wonderful!

I guess the moral of the story is to use the version offered by the opencart website.
Last edited by gpd on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gpd
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:27 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests