Post by broopenc3 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Hello everyone. I am trying to set up a multistore with opencart 3 for test purposes to upgrade from opencart 1 (I have a working opencart 3 subdomain and a working opencart 1 website). I have some trouble.
First of all I use webmin-virtualmin. As far as I know I do not need to install opencart 3 again in the subfolder of the multishop I want to create and also will it draw data from the same database.

Asuming my thoughts are correct I proceed in creating the multistore:
I have a working subdomain website on opencart 3, bro.mystore.gr/. Now I go to admin, then systems->settings, create, fill in all required fields and set the url to either new.mystore.gr/ or bro.myotherstore.gr/ or bro.mystore.gr/otherstore/ but nothing works. I tried to mess up with virtualmin settings and follow some tutorials from opencart 2 and cPanel but I can not get this to work. What subfolders do I need to create if any and what URL do I choose?

And finaly, if i get the multistores to work, how will opencart recognise which shop is which? For example: I want some categories to appear in one shop and the rest in the other. How will opencart recognise the table oc_category_to_store? I assume that when I get to the main admin panel (one admin for all stores) it will recognize each store and let me choose which category will appear in which shop. Am I correct?

Are these questions answered in a post I have not seen yet? Thank you for your time.

TL;DR: OC3 I follow some tutorials-videos but I can not setup multistore. (I use virtualmin)

Post by straightlight » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:29 am

With the use of an API: https://github.com/tsvetelintsonev/php- ... /README.md , it could be accomplished. Although, I would not suggest to use this on a live server since it doesn't handle oAuth authentication but rather a simple username / password authentication method.

However, if you are using Virtualmin on the same domain as the one you are using for Opencart, then this example can also provide what you need to create your own API: viewtopic.php?f=191&t=203344&p=719531#p719531

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by broopenc3 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:08 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:29 am
With the use of an API: https://github.com/tsvetelintsonev/php- ... /README.md , it could be accomplished. Although, I would not suggest to use this on a live server since it doesn't handle oAuth authentication but rather a simple username / password authentication method.

However, if you are using Virtualmin on the same domain as the one you are using for Opencart, then this example can also provide what you need to create your own API: viewtopic.php?f=191&t=203344&p=719531#p719531
Thank you for your reply. However it is not what I was looking for. Excuse my descriptive talent. I was looking for a way to create a subdomain in virtualmin to create multistores. I solved it through allias creation and messing up with the virtualmin settings (not so good description and decumentation in Virtualmin as cPanel for example).

Post by broopenc3 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:00 pm

I succeded in creating my myltistores but I the cart is unique in each one. Can I have the same cart in every shop? I search my friend google but some say it is the same cart by default, some say it can not be done.

What is the correct answer? Can I have the same cart in every shop?
If yes, then what must I do? Is there a problem in the settings of virtualmin that I use?

Post by soydemadrid » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:45 pm

broopenc3 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:00 pm
I succeded in creating my myltistores but I the cart is unique in each one. Can I have the same cart in every shop? I search my friend google but some say it is the same cart by default, some say it can not be done.

What is the correct answer? Can I have the same cart in every shop?
If yes, then what must I do? Is there a problem in the settings of virtualmin that I use?
Hi I am also looking to setup a Multistore using Opencart on Virtualmin servers.

I wondered if you could please explain the steps you took to get this to work?

Everything I've tried hasn't worked for me. I set up an alias for the second store and pointed it to the first main server, installed Opencart etc but when I visit the second store subdomain alias it still just shows the main website (first store).

Any help to get this working would be really appreciated. thanks

Post by soydemadrid » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:46 pm

ps. for a shared cart, there seems to be a cookies checkbox in Opencart settings that let's you enable this feature. I can't test it though as I can't get actual online shop to split into two stores currently.