Post by vdevan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi:
I have downloaded and installed the latest version of OpenCart last Tuesday. Since then I created few products for selling; I have created a test user as well to test the site. When I log into the shop, buy couple of products which are free and downloadable, I go through the complete process of adding to cart, filling out the address for delivery and for payment free check-out, the site goes through the entire process and says the order is complete. But no acknowledgments or Invoice. When I check the Order History, there is no order. When I check download, there is nothing in there as well. A help here would be greatly appreciated.
My Site: http://brahas.com
My version: 3.02
Please feel free to create an account and try to complete an order. Check if you can get the download file.

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:11 am

If there are no order history showing in the admin, ensure to have defined them in your admin - > systems - > settings - > edit settings page. Then, to check if your settings have been properly saved by going back to the settings page. If not, you need to make sure your database have full privileges settings from your host console.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vdevan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:23 am

Is there any particular setting I am looking for? All the settings are default nothing changed.
Also I checked my database and it has all the privileges as mentioned in documentation.
Only thing I feel is because the costs are nil, there is no invoice created or no order recorded. If this is the case, then the program should at least provide the user to the download files. Even that is not happening.
Nothing has changed from stock standard installation. If there is any setting I am missing please let me know. Also is there a default user I should created for database? There is only one user defined for database who has all the privileges.
Forgot to add, the order itself is not showing for the user who has signed in. Once you login as a buyer and create an order which has few products the costs being nil value, you can go through entire checkout. The system also reports order successfully created. Yet no Invoice or order being created. The buyer's account neither shows order history nor the download files that was part of the order

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:12 am

About the checkout page, which payment and shipping extensions are currently installed?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vdevan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:50 am

Payment is PayPal. Shipment not installed.
Note: I am testing for free checkout and products are downloadable

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:43 am

Which PayPal module are you using? There are multiple ones of them in Opencart.

If using PayPal Standard, did you set your IPN URL in your PayPal account so to return to your callback URL of your store?

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vdevan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:39 am

I think we are going off the topic. I am using PayPal standard model with the return address properly configured.
Just to recap and so the problem is properly understood, the issue is no order created, invoice created or downloads available for free products. No payment or shipment needed for simple downloads. Not sure how this is even relevant.
A customer can register, log in and select free products. He can go checkout selecting free checkout and the order status for the customer displayed is completed. However when the customer checks again on order history and no downloads available for selected product.

Post by vdevan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:40 am

I think we are going off the topic. I am using PayPal standard model with the return address properly configured.
Just to recap and so the problem is properly understood, the issue is no order created, invoice created or downloads available for free products. No payment or shipment needed for simple downloads. Not sure how this is even relevant.
A customer can register, log in and select free products. He can go checkout selecting free checkout and the order status for the customer displayed is completed. However when the customer checks again on order history and no downloads available for selected product.

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:50 am

Not sure how this is even relevant.
As relevant as testing multiple payment providers in order to see if you notice the invoice afterwards. With PayPal standard, for instance, try with the sandbox mode and notice if there's an invoice showing in the order history afterwards.

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vdevan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:06 am

This is the error I get in Sandbox mode.
We're sorry, things don't appear to be working right now. Please try again later.

Post by vdevan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:44 pm

This is the standard PayPal model from OpenCart. Nothing fancy. Before I even go to test PayPal, I have problems for free check out. If this cannot be solved, my entire use of OpenCart is no good for me. As I said, we are going completely out of topic here. FYI, I had the PayPal express checkout fully configured as well, with the APIs properly filled in. Hypothetically if I do not want to use PayPal or any other payment system, am I to understand the system will not work?

Post by vdevan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:06 pm

Some updates: tried sandbox environment in PayPal.mthat doesn’ Work. Then created a test PayPal account and tried it out. The order appears in the history, if the product is a payable one and not free product. However the status of the order states cancelled. My store settings are:
Order Status: Complete clicked
Processed Order Status: Processed
Complete Order Status: Completed
Fraud order status: Cancelled.
In the absence of documentation on what should be actually selected, I tried few combinations on the above as well.
No success so far.