Post by oz457 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:33 am

I'm sorry if this question has been asked many times before, but I cannot find a clear answer in previous posts.
I currently run version 2.0.3.1 and I have a test environment to test upgrades, etc.
Can version 2.0.3.1 be upgraded easily to version 3.0.2.0. Will the upgrade script of 3.0.2.0 be able to handle the database upgrade?
I tried to do this upgrade, but I get following error when running http://www.myshop.com/install
---paste starts here-->
Notice: Use of undefined constant DB_DRIVER - assumed 'DB_DRIVER' in /myshop/install/controller/startup/database.php on line 19
<--paste stops here--

I have been able to do upgrades in the past, but I have the feeling that there are so many things that have changed, I'll never be able to upgrade my opencart.
In the meantime, I'd like to also ask a question on who is willing to help out to do the upgrade so I can hire a professional.
Please note my opencart is running on my own ubuntu server.
Any help is welcome. You can also contact me via email on kurt.vlaminck@proximus.be

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:07 am

Ensure to configure your DB_DRIVER within your config.php and admin/config.php files.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON