Post by davidOSM » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:10 pm

Has anyone installed jQuery UI 1.12 Auto Complete widget on OC? Any tips or documentation available?

My OC version is 3.0.2.0

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:52 pm

Opencart already uses the auto-complete feature. If you need to use a higher version of jQuery, it simply needs to be instantiated from your catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/template/common/header.twig file after adding your JS files in your catalog/view/javascript folder.

Although, I fail to see how relevant your inquiry is with the Installation, Upgrade, & Config Support section of the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by davidOSM » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:13 pm

As my status clearly says, I am a newbie so please cut me some slack if I make a mistake.

I was under the impression auto-complete is available in admin but I want to use it in the default theme search.

If anyone has moderator privileges please move this thread to the appropriate forum section

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:22 pm

I was under the impression auto-complete is available in admin but I want to use it in the default theme search.
Now that the request has been elaborated, no problem. Followed is a free extension that may provide what you need: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=26240

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by davidOSM » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:01 am

Straightlight, thank you for the extension information, i did try this before but decided to try the SOLR route. I am already able to import into SOLR and have changed the config files accordingly. All seems fine except I need to put a front end on to it. If all fails I might revert to the free extension as you suggest. Thanks