Post by mike331487 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:30 am

Hi,
opencart 3.0.2.0 - I know that when moving from one host to another I need to move the database and the contents of the puplic_html folder, but I have noticed that there is another folder which is stored outside of the puplic_html folder which on my setup is called 'ocartdata' and contains another folder called 'storage' ....My question is do I also need to move the 'ocartdata' folder to the new host?
Any help much appreciated :)

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:18 am

Better to create the ocdata folder and re-set its write permissions recursively on the new server. Then, move all the sub-folders inside the new ocdata folder.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mike331487 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:38 am

Thanks for your quick response, so basically what I need to do is to check the file permission of the ocartdata folder on my old server and then create a new ocartdata folder on my new server, setting its permissions the same as the old one and then just copy the contents of the old folder into the new one....just to be clear on this, will the permissions of the folders inside the ocartdata folder need resetting too or will they not be altered by moving them?

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:42 am

As mentioned on the above, it is best to create a new ocartdata folder on your new server and set the permissions recursively in order for this folder to be able to write within the sub-folders on your new server. From your old server, simply move the sub-folders inside your new ocartdata folder on your new server and you should be good to go with this.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mike331487 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:55 am

Great...Thanks very much for your help :)