Post by designtack » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:44 pm

hey everyone,

I was trying to upgrade my opencart version 1.5.6.4 to the latest one, 3.0.2.0 and followed all the instructions and was able to do it. I did the install procedure from mysite.com/install but got the error 1051 which i fixed by a solution here.

Anyway, Now I have done everything, I am getting following code on homepage:-

Code: Select all

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_CACHE - assumed 'DIR_CACHE' in /home/msgcl/public_html/ocart/system/library/cache/file.php on line 9Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_CACHE - assumed 'DIR_CACHE' in /home/msgcl/public_html/ocart/system/library/cache/file.php on line 25Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_CACHE - assumed 'DIR_CACHE' in /home/msgcl/public_html/ocart/system/library/cache/file.php on line 63Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_CACHE - assumed 'DIR_CACHE' in /home/msgcl/public_html/ocart/system/library/cache/file.php on line 47Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_CACHE - assumed 'DIR_CACHE' in /home/msgcl/public_html/ocart/system/library/cache/file.php on line 25Error: A theme has not been assigned to this store!
There is also two pop-ups i get after i login from admin page with something like:-
Syntax error - unexpected token > in JSON at position 0

any ideas what this could be referring to? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Post by straightlight » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:05 am

If the error messages above appears, it is not because a fixed solution has been used. It is rather because the error messages persists. In this case, the config.php and admin/config.php file might miss one or a few defined constants. As for an installed theme, it is not able to find any theme since your upgrade. I would suggest to restore backups and acquire professional assistance to complete this task.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by designtack » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:57 pm

okay but can I just do a fresh install and then restore backup of db there?

Post by straightlight » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Restore your entire backup to previous state for your store.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by MrPhil » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:27 pm

Be aware that OC version 3 is still fairly new and somewhat buggy. Jumping from 1.5 to 3 is probably a bit too much for someone who isn't an experienced developer -- consider going to 2.2 or 2.3 instead; it will be much more stable.

Your error message says that DIR_CACHE was not defined somewhere (either in PHP code with a define statement, or something read in from the database). PHP couldn't find a defined DIR_CACHE and is telling you that it assumes you merely left off the quotes around it. This is not the case, and suggests that you have a major problem with your installation.

Post by straightlight » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:40 pm

I have now created a FAQ topic about it: viewtopic.php?f=141&t=199361#p701859

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by designtack » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Only solution I found (and would suggest having same problem) is just upgrade to 2.x.x versions for now. OC 3 is buggy and still in development, i guess?

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:04 pm

Ensure to apply the posted bug fixes from the bug reports section of the forum as well on Github for better stability of OC3.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON