Post by YarniaPDX » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:17 am

How can I get rid of the "use gift voucher" option in the shopping cart? It's very confusing for my customers because I have my own gift card system that is not integrated with OC.

Post by straightlight » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:23 am

Go to the admin - > extensions - > extensions - > payment modules - > gift vouchers - > edit. Set the status to disabled. Save changes. Clear all caches from the admin dashboard and from the admin - > extensions - > modification page by hitting refresh.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by YarniaPDX » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:33 am

Hmm, I'm not seeing that in my site. When I go to Extensions I see both a Modules option and a Payments option, but neither of those include Gift Vouchers when I click on either of them. And, all of the options in the "Payments" menu are disabled except for PayPal standard which is the one payment processor that I use. Is there anywhere else I can find the place to disable the gift voucher option?

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:31 am

Sorry, not the payment modules. It is rather located in the totals in the extensions.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by YarniaPDX » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:16 am

Perfect, that worked! Thank you!

Post by popeyerg » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:34 am

straightlight wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:23 am
Go to the admin - > extensions - > extensions - > payment modules - > gift vouchers - > edit. Set the status to disabled. Save changes. Clear all caches from the admin dashboard and from the admin - > extensions - > modification page by hitting refresh.
this is not working for me. when i disable the gift vouchers, it shows " Success: You have modified gift voucher total! " but it is still enabled. i did the refresh as well on dashboard and the extensions mod page and still shows enabled.

Post by MysticKnight » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:21 am

Same thing happens to me...

Under Extensions > Order Totals
I disabled Gift Voucher and Save and everything looks like it updated, but when I go back to Gift Voucher, it still says Enabled.

I even tried to remove it with the red minus button and it still said it was Enabled.

Any ideas?
Last edited by MysticKnight on Mon May 04, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Elgin
Custom Website Design
www.billelgin.com

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:51 am

This topic has now been moved to the OpenCart 3.0 Support > General Support section of the forum.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:54 am

MysticKnight wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:21 am
Same thing happens to me...

Under Extentions > Order Totals
I disabled Gift Voucher and Save and everything looks like it updated, but when I go back to Gift Voucher, it still says Enabled.

I even tried to remove it with the red minus button and it still said it was Enabled.

Any ideas?
This issue has already been posted on the master branch. That is because the setting fields for the totals were not properly handled as well from the extension total form variables submitting the changes. You'd need to see the master branch by looking at the admin/controller/extension/total folder and the admin/view/template/extension/total folders to fix the issues with their variable names. Alternatively, you could search for an extension on the Marketplace that may fix these issues.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON