Post by markz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 pm

I've got a new installation and am trying to change the system settings. Whenever I hit the save button I get the following...

Warning: Please check the form carefully for errors!

When I refresh I find the changes have not been saved.

Also, I noticed that my store url in the Store List has two slashes after the .com

ex: http://mystore.com// <------ second slash, should that be there???

v.3.0.2.0
-------------
also v.1.5.6
with vqmod 2.5.1

Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Which OC version are you using?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markz » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:08 am

Whoops, I'm using v3.0.2.0

straightlight wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 pm
Which OC version are you using?

v.3.0.2.0
-------------
also v.1.5.6
with vqmod 2.5.1

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:11 am

Have you verified the admin error logs to see if there were any thrown errors for those settings?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markz » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:14 am

Something isn't right with the database. Here's the error messages from the log...

2017-10-19 4:23:50 - PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'me'@'10.123.x.xxx' (using password: YES) in
/home/www/mywebsite.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7

2017-10-19 4:23:50 - PHP Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/www/website.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10

2017-10-19 4:23:50 - PHP Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/www/website.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10

2017-10-19 4:24:10 - PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'me'@'10.123.x.xxx' (using password: YES) in
/home/www/mywebsite.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7

2017-10-19 4:24:10 - PHP Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/www/mywebsite.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10

2017-10-19 4:24:10 - PHP Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/www/mywebsite.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10

v.3.0.2.0
-------------
also v.1.5.6
with vqmod 2.5.1

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:29 am

In your config.php and admin/config.php file, ensure to enter the right DB_PASSWORD.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markz » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Okay, so

The DB_PASSWORD in the config.php and admin/config.php files should match the password I created for logging in to the admin panel, correct?

When I checked and changed the DB_PASSWORD in config.php and admin/config.php to match the password I created for logging in to the admin panel, I got the following error message...

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'me'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/www/mywebsite.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/www/mywebsite.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/www/mywebsite.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: <br />Error No: ' in /home/www/mywebsite.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php:10 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/mywebsite.com/system/library/db.php(31): DB\MySQLi->__construct('localhost', 'me', 'password', 'me', '3306') #1 /home/www/mywebsite.com/system/framework.php(80): DB->__construct('mysqli', 'localhost', 'me', 'password', 'me', '3306') #2 /home/www/mywebsite.com/system/startup.php(104): require_once('/home/www/...') #3 /home/www/mywebsite.com/admin/index.php(19): start('admin') #4 {main} thrown in /home/www/mywebsite.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10

v.3.0.2.0
-------------
also v.1.5.6
with vqmod 2.5.1

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Then the username and password don't match. Test your credentials on your PHPMyAdmin console to see if you can authenticate with the same credentials.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markz » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:04 am

I know how to access my PHPMyAdmin console but don't know what to do to authenticate the credentials. BTW, thanks for all the help!
straightlight wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:05 pm
Then the username and password don't match. Test your credentials on your PHPMyAdmin console to see if you can authenticate with the same credentials.

v.3.0.2.0
-------------
also v.1.5.6
with vqmod 2.5.1

Post by straightlight » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:28 am

If you do not remember your database credentials, contact your host support. They will be able to assist you once you have validated your billing account verification with them.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markz » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:23 pm

I've contacted my host support. They updated the database version and checked things out. Everything looks operational.

The DB_Password matches those in the config.php and admin/config.php files.

My previously posted error codes were caused by me...when I changed passwords in the config.php and admin/config.php files I was forgetting to also change the DB_Password.

I'm still getting the error message Warning: Please check the form carefully for errors! in the opencart admin console.

But no errors are being generated in system/maintenance/error logs.

I'm only getting the error message in System/Settings. I've tested elsewhere and and have been able to build Catalog/Categories and Catalog/Products.

The OC documentation for v.3.0.2.0 looks incorrect, as if it's the support doc for an earlier version of OC.

Since I've been operating v1.5.6 for four years I feel I understand the software. The latest version isn't difficult for me to navigate or understand...still, something is missing, and I think I may be overlooking something super simple, something that I'm just not viewing correctly or comprehending correctly when attempting to change System/Setting parameters.

v.3.0.2.0
-------------
also v.1.5.6
with vqmod 2.5.1

Post by straightlight » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:37 pm

I'm still getting the error message Warning: Please check the form carefully for errors! in the opencart admin console.

But no errors are being generated in system/maintenance/error logs.

I'm only getting the error message in System/Settings. I've tested elsewhere and and have been able to build Catalog/Categories and Catalog/Products.
Ensure to verify each tabs in the settings. Some rows might be trickier than others when viewing them. This error is appearing due to required fields.

In the mean time, see if these corrections will solve the issue:

- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... etting.php
- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... tting.twig
- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... _form.twig
- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... _list.twig

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:12 pm

In frustration I uninstalled OC from my web host before seeing your latest message.

After uninstalling OC from my web host I downloaded XAMMP to my hard drive and installed OC v.3.0.2.0.

It's running flawlessly. I've modifed the system settings, and have created categories and products, all without any problem.

I'll reinstall OC on my host site when I have a moment, and check out the list of errors you sent.

Prior to uninstalling from my web host I was able to create categories and products. Modifying the system settings was the only thing hanging up...

v.3.0.2.0
-------------
also v.1.5.6
with vqmod 2.5.1

Post by markz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:22 pm

I've reinstalled Opencart to my host. Regarding the files you mention, do I simply install/overwrite the corrected files into the corresponding directories?
straightlight wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:37 pm

Ensure to verify each tabs in the settings. Some rows might be trickier than others when viewing them. This error is appearing due to required fields.

In the mean time, see if these corrections will solve the issue:

- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... tting.twig
- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... _form.twig
- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... _list.twig

v.3.0.2.0
-------------
also v.1.5.6
with vqmod 2.5.1

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:30 pm

Yes, that is correct. In the mean time, I would suggest to change your forum's signature as it still indicates v1.5x releases while you are inquiring about v3.x releases request and since you are using VQMod, use the latest version when using Opencart v3.x releases.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:54 pm

The installation of v.3.0.2.0 is for a new domain I just purchased. My old domain is still running v.1.5.6...I need to upgrade it too and was planning to rebuild the old website on a new installation instead of trying to upgrade, because it appears a lot of people are having trouble upgrading.

I've got a version of v.3.0.2.0 installed offline, to begin rebuilding the old website, and am not having a problem changing/editing the system/settings.

However, I need to feel confident v.3.0.2.0 is operational on my host, and hope not to run into this problem again when I'm ready to upload the rebuilt website.

Hmmm...now that I'm thinking out loud, it might be best for me to consider getting some professional help to upgrade the old website, due to personal constraints on the amount of free time I have to do the required work. The faster I can get domain #1 up-and-running on v.3.0.2.0 the better off I'll be, as it's invisible in search engines and I need to get to work on SEO asap. What-to-do-what-to-do!!!
straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:30 pm
Yes, that is correct. In the mean time, I would suggest to change your forum's signature as it still indicates v1.5x releases while you are inquiring about v3.x releases request and since you are using VQMod, use the latest version when using Opencart v3.x releases.

v.3.0.2.0
-------------
also v.1.5.6
with vqmod 2.5.1

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:58 pm

PM sent.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON