Post by tjonnyc » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:07 am

Having an interesting problem. I was making changes to the template last night, and everything was working fine... until suddenly it didn't.
Changes I was making to the template category.twig were just not showing up.
I cleared the Journal Cache, Theme Cache, SASS Cache, and browser cache. Nothing.
I can get the file from FTP, I can make changes to it, I can re-upload it by FTP, and I can see that the changes were made.
But the actual page is still reading some old version of category.twig

According to tech support, the problem could be that the /ocartdata/ folder is located OUTSIDE of /public_html/, and somehow either OpenCart, or Journal2, or one of the extensions, cannot write to it.

Has anyone run into this problem before (changes to template not showing up all of a sudden), and if so, what did you do to resolve it?

Post by tjonnyc » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:08 am

Also, what happens if you just straight up delete the files in /ocartdata/storage/cache/?

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:19 am

Since you're using the Journal2 theme, I would suggest to contact the theme developer of that extension to get this issue resolved. One way you could test if there are similar results would be by switching back to the default theme. If the results can't be reproduced, then it would be an issue with the Journal2 theme.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Micas » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi,
Did you manage to resolve this issue? I seem to be getting a similar problem.
I'm using the default theme on opencart 3.0.2 and I have edited the /admin/view/template/sale/order_invoice.twig so that it doesn't show the phone number on the invoice printout but no changes are taking effect?
The only place I can think that opencart can now be storing a copy of the file is in the /ocartdata/storage/cache/ ....but I don't know if it is save to delete the cache folders or not?
Any help from anyone would be much appreciated :)

Post by straightlight » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:11 pm

You need to clear all caches from the admin dashboard (blue icon on the top right) and from your admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button when making changes to the TWIG files.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON