Post by creters » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:01 am

I have a category that I want to put on clearance within my store. Figured easiest way to do this would be to create a coupon code that the user can apply during the checkout, limiting it to the one category in question. However, come to find out that if a customer buys one item from the clearance category and five other items elsewhere in a single purchase, for example, it applies the discount from the coupon to ALL the items in the cart. As long as one item from the clearance category is in the cart, it treats the coupon as if all items are entitled to the discount. How do I fix this, or can someone suggest a better idea to apply a discount across one category only. I suppose I could go product by product, but in some cases there are 100 to 200 items per category.

Post by yodapt » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:30 pm

Check your private messages.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by EVO1 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:30 am

Hello,

I have the same issue (OC1.5.6.). When I use a code (%) for a single product it also applies to all other products that are in the cart that do not have a discount code active.

Any suggestions what could be the issue?

BR,

EVO

Location - Netherlands

Post by Johnathan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Super Coupons can do this. If you add a Category rule to limit a coupon to a particular category, only items from that category will be discounted.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator