Post by digitaldept » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 am

I am currently using 1.5.5 (I know but I customized the heck out of it and don't want to deal with all that right now). I have it installed at the root directory (www.prosourceprinting.com). I would like to move everything to something like prosourceprinting.com/store and then do an installation of Wordpress an my new frontend. How easy is it, what do I need to do and will any links break?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Location - Ohio

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:15 pm

The docs should help you moving the site to a subdirectory:

http://docs.opencart.com/administration/moving-server/

Location - Worldwide

Post by digitaldept » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:30 pm

That's helpful, thank you! But just to clarify, if I am moving from prosourceprinting.com to prosourceprinting.com/store, I will need to manually change all of the paths or pages on my website? Or will OpenCart take care of that automatically? It seems to read that I will need to manually change them but maybe that is only referring to the database?

Location - Ohio

Post by rjcalifornia » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:42 am

digitaldept wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:30 pm
That's helpful, thank you! But just to clarify, if I am moving from prosourceprinting.com to prosourceprinting.com/store, I will need to manually change all of the paths or pages on my website? Or will OpenCart take care of that automatically? It seems to read that I will need to manually change them but maybe that is only referring to the database?
You need to manually change all paths

Location - Worldwide