Post by digitaldept » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 am

I am currently using 1.5.5 (I know but I customized the heck out of it and don't want to deal with all that right now). I have it installed at the root directory (www.prosourceprinting.com). I would like to move everything to something like prosourceprinting.com/store and then do an installation of Wordpress an my new frontend. How easy is it, what do I need to do and will any links break?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Location - Ohio

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:15 pm

The docs should help you moving the site to a subdirectory:

http://docs.opencart.com/administration/moving-server/

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by digitaldept » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:30 pm

That's helpful, thank you! But just to clarify, if I am moving from prosourceprinting.com to prosourceprinting.com/store, I will need to manually change all of the paths or pages on my website? Or will OpenCart take care of that automatically? It seems to read that I will need to manually change them but maybe that is only referring to the database?

Location - Ohio

Post by rjcalifornia » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:42 am

digitaldept wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:30 pm
That's helpful, thank you! But just to clarify, if I am moving from prosourceprinting.com to prosourceprinting.com/store, I will need to manually change all of the paths or pages on my website? Or will OpenCart take care of that automatically? It seems to read that I will need to manually change them but maybe that is only referring to the database?
You need to manually change all paths

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by digitaldept » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:07 am

Just now revisiting this. My hope is to have a wordpress front end with my store located somewhere within using a link. My real question is IF I do this, will Opencart know where everything is? In other works will all the links still work within the site?

Also, what if I change the index.php file to something else (index2.php for example), and then change the config file to point to the new index2.php. Then install Wordpress. Wordpress would see the index.php file and I can create a link within the Wordpress site so users can access the store.

Just curious. Thanks for helping out.

Location - Ohio

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:32 am

Better read here about it first:
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=209525&p=745486#p745486

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by digitaldept » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:37 am

How is your reply relevant to my question? I don’t see it.

Location - Ohio

Post by digitaldept » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:28 am

How do I manually change the paths?

Location - Ohio

Post by letxobnav » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:58 pm

in your config.php files you need to adjust for the sub directory.
You also need to adjust htaccess rewritebase if you use htaccess.

We used to have our site in root and now have OC in a sub directory leaving the root only for rewriting old site url's to the new OC urls as well as security facilities. In fact we have several OC and Joomla installations in sub directories under the same root.

changing index.php to index2.php is futile and unnecessary.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan