Post by skip » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi,
1) My opencart 3020 is installed on subdomain, I wass automaticaly move storage folder from admin but I see now that same folder exist in
subdomain/system/storage and copy is on public_html/storage If it is "move" this look something is not wright.?
2) What will be in case I have several subdomain in public_html and all have opencart installation - in this case move will overwrite existing public_html/storage or what ?

Post by daveyoi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Hey,
1 - in some server configurations permissions restrict the deletion of the /system/storage folder once it has been moved. You can delete it manually once you confirm the config file has been updated correctly to point to the new storage folder under public_html

2 - Yes by default you would end up with all temporary data in the same top level storage folder, you will have to manually create and edit the config files to point to subdomain subdirectories. public_html/<subdomain>/storage for example

Hope that helps.

Tristar Web Solutions

Post by skip » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:11 pm

Thanks
What will be in case I dont touch anything after install on subdomain (storage stay in system folder). Does it move really must be made, and why, it look stupid that some of folder is out of main sub folder