Post by p419 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:42 am

Hello Everyone,

We've just installed OC and have created a new custom theme based on the default theme by copying the required folders and files and changing all references of themes_default to themes_custom. In admin we're able to navigate to Extensions>>Extension List>>Themes and choose our custom theme. We can also navigate to Stores>>Settings>>General and choose custom theme.

There's two issues we're bumping into:
Issue #1
The site is still loading the default style sheet at catalog/view/theme/default/stylesheet/stylesheet.css even after changing line 25 in \catalog\view\theme\custom\template\common\header.twig to reference catalog/view/theme/custom/stylesheet/stylesheet.css.

Issue #2
In Admin when we navigate to Design>>Theme Editor it's only showing the default theme.

I assume these two issues are connected. I've reviewed several of the the threads dealing with the issue but none of the solutions seems to resolve the issue for us.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

OC Version: 3.0.3.1
Theme: Copy of Default
Extension/Mods: None
A link to your site: It's not currently available online.
Is it a single or multistore setup? Single

Location - Toronto

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:32 pm

OpenCart 3.0 has Twig caching enabled by default, so you probably need to clear that. You do that using the gear icon in the upper right of the main admin dashboard page. You can also turn the caching off in there, which I'd recommend if you're working on your site.

If you have any extensions installed that use ocMod, you may also have to refresh your ocMod cache in Extensions > Modifications to regenerate the ocMod cache file. Unfortunately, if the file is edited by an ocMod file, you'll have to do this every time you make an edit to the file. It's one of major pains of working with ocMod.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by p419 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:55 am

Thanks for the reply Johnathan! That worked and took care of issue #1, but it didn't resolve Issue #2 .

Issue #2 - In Admin when we navigate to Design>>Theme Editor it's only showing the default theme.

If anyone can point in the correct direction for Issue #2 that would be great.

Regards,

Paul

Location - Toronto