Post by Bannshee » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Hi All!

I have an old Opencart site (1.5.6.4) and i'm trying to make a new one in 3.0.2.0! I 've made the new version already, but i need the categories and the products from the old site! For this i tried to copy the product and the categories table from the old database to the new one, but it doesn't show up in the new version under admin :(
Do you know if its possible to copy only the categories and products from the old site?
I saw an extension for this but maybe there is an another way to solve this "small" issue!

Thanks in advance!

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Bannshee wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:31 pm
I have an old Opencart site (1.5.6.4) and i'm trying to make a new one in 3.0.2.0!

need the categories and the products from the old site

Do you know if its possible to copy only the categories and products from the old site?
Yes is possible.
But manual, means check the difference of both tables, adjust the old table (on the backuo, not live table!) and import that into the new database.
A matter of a few minutes, not more than 30 minutes - but safe.

And you do not need any extension!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Bannshee » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:43 pm

Thanks, i tried it (checked the tables to be the same as in the new version...) but they doesn't appeared in the new admin under categories and product :(
But then i'll try again!
Thanks again

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Bannshee wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:43 pm
Thanks, i tried it (checked the tables to be the same as in the new version...) but they doesn't appeared in the new admin under categories and product :(
But then i'll try again!
Thanks again
That is not enough!
I wrote: compare and adjust the tables (because the content is different).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria