Post by rienne » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:28 am

Hi,
I'm at a loss and really need some help/advice. I had someone upgrade my site for me to the current version of OC but obviously they had some issues. Now I am stuck with quite a few errors and I don't know how to fix them. Below are some of the errors I'm getting. Is there a way to salvage my site or am I going to have to start of scratch? Is anyone familiar with this sort of combination of errors? If so I'd appreciate it if you would kindly share your thoughts on how I should proceed and at your earliest convenience since this is how I provide for my family.

PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user ' xxxx_xxxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/olivi7/public_html/shop/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7

PHP Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: mysql in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/install/controller/install/step_3.php on line 280

PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/install/controller/install/step_3.php on line 280

PHP Notice: Undefined index: in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/system/library/cart/currency.php on line 27

PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (42000/1226): User 'xxxx_xxxx' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 30) in /home/olivi7/public_html/shop/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7

PHP Notice: Undefined index: recurring_id in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/admin/model/catalog/product.php on line 198

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:19 am

I'm at a loss and really need some help/advice....
Well, to make it short, it could cost you a lot of money, to have some real Pro
taking a look onto your seemengly ruined Upgrade-Attempt, and get it fixed.
I would succest, that you install a clean new Version, and then get one of the
KNOWN paid DB-Upgrade Dev's, to make your old Database Content work
with this new installation and DB.
This, because the Database 'Content' is the only Code, basically still useable
in a later OC Version, but everything else is no longer of any Value anyway.

You should have come here and make yourselfs smart before, it could have
saved you from a lot of Problems. :'(
Good Luck!
Ernie
Last edited by IP_CAM on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by MrPhil » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:38 pm

From the error messages you're getting, I would suspect that there's some mixup on whether MySQL or MySQLi is being used. I think OC3 prefers to use MySQLi rather than MySQL. Did your previous store use MySQL? Maybe your configuration still specifies it, rather than MySQLi. Anyway, checking the configuration files and what MySQL form is available on your system is something that your upgrader (or even you) should be able to handle. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

By the way, OC 3 is rather bleeding edge for someone who has no idea what's going on with their site. You may have made too great a leap forward (A Bridge Too Far), so if it's not an easy and cheap fix, you may want to fall back to your earlier store version.

Post by rienne » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:53 am

Thank you both so much for responding to my post. Also, I apologize for not stating everything clearly. I should have said the developer did do a fresh install of the most recent version of opencart and then said they added the databases. But when I tried to use my site it isn't working correctly. I sell downloadables and from the store front it looks like it is working correctly but when people purchase nothing shows up for them to download. Also the errors are there that I mentioned in my first post. I am not sure if other parts are not working correctly. I logged in as a customer and purchased, the same thing happened to me, no history or file to download. Also, I did go in and look at the config files and it does say sqli. I went into the database and I don't see any customer history or transactions, I'm not sure what else I should look for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Again thank you for your posts.

Post by MrPhil » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:18 am

If your developer went through with a fine-toothed comb, checking that MySQLi is installed and functioning, and is what's specified in the configuration, they might find some MySQL references in there.

You really might want to think about bailing out on OC 3.0 and going to 2.3 instead -- it's much more stable.

Post by rienne » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:28 am

Hi Mr Phil, Can you tell me how I would go about downgrading to the version you suggested? I'd appreciate it if you don't mind and thank you for taking the time to talk with me, much appreciated!

Post by OSWorX » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:50 pm

rienne wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:28 am
Hi Mr Phil, Can you tell me how I would go about downgrading to the version you suggested? I'd appreciate it if you don't mind and thank you for taking the time to talk with me, much appreciated!
Sorry for all - but using 2.3.x or 3.0.2.0 is a question of 'will I need that features or not'?
Not 'is it stable or not'.

Nothing else will help you to determine which version you want to use in future, because both have some known bugs.

Second, you did not write which version you have used before the upgrade.
Third, which kind of moron was this, that you have hired him/her as 'pro' - and now you have such stupid and easy to fix errors?

The messages you are getting now, are quite easy to fix and you can stay at the currently installed version.
Forget the given advice to change again to another version.

But is must be clear, nobody here who may help you and IS a pro will do that for free.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by straightlight » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Restore backups from your host console. As for this error message:
PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user ' xxxx_xxxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/olivi7/public_html/shop/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7
The message is quite clear. In your config.php and admin/config.php files, ensure your database credentials are properly set. It may be possible before the upgrade was launched that the database may have been moved to another location on your server, either by you or a user that has been instructed to upgrade your store, and that the database credentials were not verified / tested / ensured before running the upgrade.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by OSWorX » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:53 pm

And you said, an upgrade was already made, but currently you are in the upgrade mode (see your posted messages):
install/controller/install/step_3.php

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by rienne » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:45 pm

Hi OSWorX, thank you for taking the time to talk to me. To answer your questions I was using 1.4.9 before the attempted upgrade. My host advised me to hire someone because I didn't have enough knowledge to do it myself. They gave me a list of sites to go to and opencart wasn't one of them (hind site is 20/20). And yes I made a big mistake because the guy who calls himself finilite said he could do this with no problem in about two days. He was obviously not correct, he seems to think he's finished even though the upgrade is obviously not done, ref. install/controller/install/step_3.php . I told him about the problems I saw and his response was he couldn't do any more. So I am at a loss as what to do.

You said, "The messages you are getting now, are quite easy to fix and you can stay at the currently installed version. Forget the given advice to change again to another version." I'm so glad to hear that the problem/s are easy to fix! Do you do this kind of work and if so would you be willing to fix my site and if so what would you charge to do this?

Post by rienne » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:11 am

Hi straightlight, Thank you for taking the time to post here, I appreciate it. Please forgive me for not totally understanding some of what you said. I am a total novice when it comes to the backside of a website, I'm an artist ... I am trying to do what I can but I am rather lost.

You said, "Restore backups from your host console..." would that take me back to the opencart version I started with?

Thank you.

Post by rienne » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:24 am

Hi OSWorX, I should have clicked on your link before I asked you about fixing my website for me, please accept my apologizes for not checking on my own first. I am sure that I won't be able to afford your services. I totally understand that people need to be compensated for their talents and efforts so please understand that it isn't your prices, but instead it is my inability to afford them. My upgrade was supposed to take a few days from start to finish but instead it has taken around a month, during which time I've been unable to generate much income. Since this is my sole income I'm pretty tapped out now. However I would like to thank you for your advice, I appreciate it.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:24 am

You said, "Restore backups from your host console..." would that take me back to the opencart version I started with?
If you still have a backup of your site but you don't know how to proceed with the restoration point, contact your host. They will be able to assist you with this. Once the previous version restored, you can always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get the upgrade done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rienne » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:38 am

Thank you for your help. I've gone in and put my site back to its 1.4.9 version and I'll seek opencart help now. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to talk me through this!

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:57 am

My upgrade was supposed to take a few days from start to finish ...
Well, what I don't understand is, why you took the risk, of screwing up a working Shop,
before coming here, to read about first, if you depend on the income, generated by
your online shop. Because if you would have come here before, you would have found
out, that no way exists, to simply overwrite an existing Software Version with the Code
of another OC Version, and then expecting it to still function.

Not to speak about custom Extensions, like Modules, VqMods, and/or Themes, specifically
created for specific Version, and most everbody knows, that it also requires different Version,
Extensions/Themes for different OC Versions. AT least those, interested in Details and Facts.

Or then, one just does not care about such minor details. But then, likely expects others to be
of free assistance, because that's much easier, than wasting costly time, to get familiar with
something, seemengly enabling one, to stay live and well. But, fortunately, real Life does not
work this way, at least, if one plans to succeed.

And it's already an OLD + known fact, that for latest Software Versions, not much on free Additions
yet exist. And no much free Assistance either, so, if you really plan, to get your Database Content
moved into a new Version Structure, you'll have to depend on paid Support, or then, you could
upgrade only to something like OC v.2.x.x, by use of a free Tool like linked below:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19572
https://github.com/pekka2/OpenCart-Migr ... grade-Tool
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=20423
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=21815

But then, it would also require some knowledge, to make it work as planned.

So, better don't count on free 'Goodwill', when it comes to Business. And do better not expect
more, than you have been willing to give, beeing around OC for 8 years already. Plus, what you
added, during all those Years, to free common knowledge and wisdom for others like you,
by checking your few posts, and a third of them here ... :choke:

I am aware of, that you might take it personal. But it's not (only) written for you, it's for all those,
expecting something for nothing, to eventually so get rich and famous, or at least, keep alive.
But OC is all about Money, for most everybody involved. And if one cannot afford a new pair of
Shoes, one better takes care, to keep the old one's nice and shiny ;)
Good Luck, over&out !
Ernie
---

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by rienne » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:22 am

Hi Ernie,

Just to correct a few things, I didn't overwrite anything . I didn't realize that is what my initial post sounded like so I corrected that on July 21st. Here is part of the post, "Thank you both so much for responding to my post. Also, I apologize for not stating everything clearly. I should have said, the developer did do a fresh install of the most recent version of opencart and then said they added the databases. But when I tried to use my site it isn't working correctly..."

Also I wasn't expecting anyone to do anything for free other than to give me advice as to what I should do with the mess, that is what I thought a part of this forum was for - to help people. As I mentioned in my post I hired someone to do the upgrade for me (meaning I paid money). I had no way of knowing that the site wouldn't work correctly once they were finished as I'm not very good at reading the future, website design, programming, etc. If I were good at those things I would have just done the upgrade myself. I am not masochistic (referring to the general definition of the term) and wouldn't have come here for a lashing from someone who feels entitled to toss out mean comments whether referring to the truth or not.

I didn't come here to the forum first because of comments like yours, most people are not fond of being belittled or ridiculed just to satisfy someones uncontrolled ego, anger and/or temperament. If this isn't our field of expertise we come here for help due to our lack of knowledge and/or making a mistake, etc. Also, you speak as if you know me but nothing could be further from the truth, you put me into a category that I find totally offensive. You said, "I am aware of, that you might take it personal. But it's not (only) written for you, it's for all those, expecting something for nothing, to eventually so get rich and famous, or at least, keep alive. But OC is all about Money, for most everybody involved. And if one cannot afford a new pair of Shoes, one better takes care, to keep the old one's nice and shiny". I never said I wanted something for nothing, nor did I say I wanted to get rich and famous. In a nutshell, all I said is that I needed help. You are part of what gives this forum a bad name and that is shameful because I know there are some very nice people here. Just because I don't comment on here doesn't mean I don't come here and read. I've read many times instances of people being helpful just for the sake of being helpful. And what specifically would you have me contribute to this forum? How to draw? How to paint? How to use image manipulation programs perhaps? Your comments about my lack of contributions makes very little sense. Once again if I knew programming, etc. of course I would have but if you read all about me and and my time hee/or used common sense you'd know that I cannot contribute anything on this forum that people are looking for in the way of helpful advice ... really?

Just FYI, not that you truly want to know because I'm sure you don't but I spend a lot of my time trying to help people without compensation because I personally feel that is the right thing to do. Do I expect the same in return, NO. If it happens that's wonderful but I don't expect it at all. I find satisfaction in knowing that I was able to help someone who asked for help, has it made me rich or famous? NO, but I didn't expect it to. I just wanted to help because I feel if I have the knowledge and someone wants and/or needs the knowledge it is the right thing to do. If I can't afford a new pair of shoes because of my compassion for others then so be it.

I am thankful down to the core of my being that I don't have such a miserable sense of self as you. Your sense of self importance is appalling and is part of what gives opencart a bad name which is really a shame because the nice people here don't deserve it.

But being the kind of person I am, even though you have tried to humiliate me with your cruel comments, if you were to ever need help and I had the knowledge and ability to help you I would do it out of the kindness of my heart because that is who I am.

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:51 am

if you were to ever need help and I had the knowledge and ability to help you I would do it ...
Well, to come here, after a mere twenty postings in 8 Years, including those, made in
this topic, it's really hard, to understand the meaning of 'what is what I thought a part
of this forum was for - to help people', even under the aspect, that one might not know
much about 'internals' of OC, to start with.

I did not know much either about many things, when I came here in early spring of 2014,
but it did not keep me from at least trying to assist, for free, 9+thousand times already.
But I also had to realize, unfortunately, that, for MOST, this Forum is just not a Place, where
many Users have a lot of 'social' feelings. In contrary, most are like you, they come here,
to take, and go again, if they have, what they need. And not one of them ever feels obliged,
to ever give anything back to this so-called Community of nice people, as you claim it to be,
would not egomanic Ignorants like me also be part of it.

But I do not feel of beeing offended by such, since I am aware of, that you might just don't
know, what I replied to all those others, looking for help, during that time. Since you
concentrated on creating income, by use of OC, instead of spending some of your costly
time around this place, and so possibly enable others, to even end up, beeing in direct
Competition with your own Shop and Variety of Goods.

But OpenCart is all about Business, and like in any other Business, one is required, to learn,
on a daily schedule, to make sure, not to depend on others Knowledge. Or then, one has to
rely on someone else, and, usually, pay for such assistance in full.

During my stay, I've seen a lot of people, come, and go again. And the vast majority of those,
ever willing, to freely assist, left this place again after a while, mostly full of frustration, after
finding out, that's it is of very little use, to play nice Guy, since mostly, nothing comes back
anyway, exept for infant Dreams of those, expecting this Site to be a free heaven, to start with.

But I'm not frustrated, because I learned a lot about OC. And, by assisting others, I learned
even more. Enough, to now realize, that it would really just be wasted time, to spend much
more time with it, since there is not much more to find out about the Version I use.

And so, it can also be avoided, to longer be confronted with ever the same Postings like :
I upgraded to .... , and now have errors ...
mostly made by those, even unwilling to search for Answers first, before repeating the same
Crab Topics, again and again, in their Rush, to get things done asap, and hopefully for free...

But I don't blame it on you, so, better don't take it personal, this time at least. The decision
has been made, before you made your posting. And I am an old Businessman, so, I never take
anything personal anyway, such would just keep my brain from beeing open to new problems
to solve. Like new words in english, one of those things, I never learned in any School. So,
some of it might not always meet someone else's psychologic state, but since it also comes
for free, it's just like OC, if one cannot handle it, scrap it, and it's gone.

And, regarding the 'quoted' Title Comment, 'I sure would, if I could', is sure no excuse, you
had 8 Years of time, to make yourself smarter, by example, here, active at the Forum, or then,
make enough Money, to rely on real Professional help, not on hidden Subjects, just because
they seem to be cheap.

But OC is no 'Common Social Project', it's just a useful Tool, for those, able, to handle it. And,
once in a while, some of the more 'social oriented' users get hooked on, for a while, likely
also feeling the need, to give something back to the Community, regardless of their Knowledge,
like in my Case. I tried it, without 'could + would' excuses, and so taking the risk, to frequently
also be misunderstud. So what !? 8)

But if you would have been reading more about OC, you have found out easy , that I belong to
the relatively 'nice' fellows. So, better don't put all the blame on me, OC is well known for it's
comparably harsh 'Style' for a long time already, so, I, at best, only continued the tradition,
just without calling anybody Names. And my Friend Googie loves it, so, it cannot have been
so bad, after all.
Ernie
---

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland