Post by gazn0357 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:04 am

Since updating to 3.0.2.0, the "Recent Activity" area of Dashboard has not been updating. "Latest Orders" area is. Any thoughts or ideas as to what could be causing this?

Danny

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:09 am

Ensure your desired dashboard extensions are installed from your admin - > extensions - > extensions - > dashboard (x) page. From your admin - > extensions - > events page, if you only see one event, go to your PHPMyAdmin - > Click on your Opencart database and go to your event table. Truncate that table and re-insert the values located on your install/opencart.sql for the oc_event table.

Note: Before executing the query, ensure to change the oc_ prefix name to your actual prefix name.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gazn0357 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:35 pm

The 4 dashboard extension I want are installed. Three of four seem to be updated.. Went to events page and there are ~34 event installed. Also noticed the Orders Complete, Processing and Other Statuses ate bottom of navigation pane are all reading 0%. Any other ideas?

Danny

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:11 pm

This issue has also been posted on Github. Although, it does not seem to explicitly demonstrate on how to resolve this issue: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/5998 .

However, ensure that the admin - > extensions - > extensions - > reports (x) extensions are installed. Also ensure the system/storage's entire directory is outside your public_html folder and to set writable and recursive permissions on this folder. Then, to configure your config.php and admin/config.php files storage folder to its new location in order for Opencart to be able to fully write its data on the domain for the core and the installed extensions when required.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gazn0357 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 pm

Turned on all the reports, but no change.

In regards to storage folder.... After upgrade, I would get a pop up window about need to move storage directory. The default selection was still inside public_html directory so I selected directory outside public_html. Well, it blew up on me. (I do have read and write permission for all directories.) Reloaded files from backup I made and let it use default selection which is up one directory from opencart install, but still within public_html directory.

Can I manually move storage directory and then edit both config.php files?

Danny

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 am

Can I manually move storage directory and then edit both config.php files?
You definitely can as my previous post has no mention of using the automated move process from the OC admin. ;)

Just don't forget to check your .htaccess file additionally in case the storage folder shows up and need to be modified accordingly along with your config.php and admin/config.php files. Then, clear out your cache before logging back in.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gazn0357 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Manually moved Storage location outside of public_html area, but no change. Still looking for solution.

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Clear all your caches (OC admin and browser - > log out - > close browser - > re-open browser and go back to OC admin). See if the issue persists afterwards. If so, ensure to have edited your config.php and admin/config.php files for your storage path as well as .htaccess (if applied for .htaccess as well). If the issue still persists, see if this solution is working: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/4898

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gazn0357 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Working after following instructions in link provided. Just not turned on. Always something simple.

The Orders Processing/Orders Completed/Order Statuses still not working at bottom of Admin Navigation Panel. Will open new thread for that.

Thanks again, Dan

Post by glolar » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:33 am

straightlight wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:36 pm
Clear all your caches (OC admin and browser - > log out - > close browser - > re-open browser and go back to OC admin). See if the issue persists afterwards. If so, ensure to have edited your config.php and admin/config.php files for your storage path as well as .htaccess (if applied for .htaccess as well). If the issue still persists, see if this solution is working: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/4898
StraightLight,

Thank you for the link! After my upgrade, the settings in the admin panel were "No", so I wasn't getting updates on the reports section of the admin panel.

I upgraded from 2.x to 3.0.3.2, and moved my storage folder from /public_html/store/system/storage to /public_html/skyready_storage. Here's the relevant section of my .htaccess file:

Code: Select all

# SEO URL Settings
RewriteEngine On
# If your opencart installation does not run on the main web folder, make sure you add the folder it does run in ie. / becomes /store/
RewriteBase /store/
RewriteRule ^system/storage/(.*) index.php?route=error/not_found [L]
The RewriteRule implies that .htaccess still thinks my storage folder is at /store/system/storage. But, as I said, it is now at /public_html/skyready_storage.

What should I change that RewriteRule to? I know it should be something like this:

RewriteRule ../storage/(.*) index.php?route=error/not_found [L]
but I don't know the exact syntax, since the storage folder is no longer under the /store directory.

Thank you!

Increase Your Child's I.Q.
iPad Wallpapers
Turtle & Tortoise Screen Savers

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:43 am

The RewriteRule implies that .htaccess still thinks my storage folder is at /store/system/storage. But, as I said, it is now at /public_html/skyready_storage.
I am not sure why you're posting this issue on this topic since this topic is about recent activity area in dashboard that is not updating. For more information about where to store the storage folder with OC v3.x releases, please see this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776#p718325 .

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by glolar » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:43 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:43 am
I am not sure why you're posting this issue on this topic since this topic is about recent activity area in dashboard that is not updating. For more information about where to store the storage folder with OC v3.x releases, please see this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776#p718325 .
Because YOU stated in this thread:

"If so, ensure to have edited your config.php and admin/config.php files for your storage path as well as .htaccess (if applied for .htaccess as well). If the issue still persists, see if this solution is working:"

If you have an answer to a simple question, why not just give the info, instead of re-directing me to another FAQ? I guarantee you that FAQ is not going to answer my question about the specific change I need to make to my .htaccess file as a result of moving my /storage folder.

iPad Wallpapers

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:55 am

glolar wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:43 am
straightlight wrote:

"If so, ensure to have edited your config.php and admin/config.php files for your storage path as well as .htaccess (if applied for .htaccess as well). If the issue still persists, see if this solution is working:"

If you have an answer to a simple question, why not just give the info, instead of re-directing me to another FAQ? I guarantee you that FAQ is not going to answer my question about the specific change I need to make to my .htaccess file as a result of moving my /storage folder.
Ok, that bold statement has been elaborated as compared to your last post. However, the FAQ does address that the storage folder must be located outside of your public_html folder. The solution is quite simple on that end. Once the storage folder moved, ensure to edit your config.php and admin/config.php files as also indicated in the FAQ. In addition, your CHMOD permission settings must be recursively set to 755 on your storage folder.

Then, once logged back into your OC admin, ensure to follow this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776#p718325 . If both solutions above do not resolve the issue, send me a PM and I could certainly take care of this issue for you as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by glolar » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:10 am

glolar wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:43 am
straightlight wrote:

I guess I did not communicate my question well enough. I have already moved my storage folder into /public_html, and then renamed it "skyready_storage" (because I have additonal addon domains that have their own storage folders). I also already updated my two config.php files to point to /public_html/skyready_storage. Everything is working GREAT.

My question pertains only to the EXACT SYNTAX to use for the necessary change in the .htaccess file. This is the current entry in the .htaccess file:

Since I changed the location of my storage from /store/system/storage to /public_html/skyready_storage, then OBVIOUSLY the RewriteRule line in the .htaccess file needs to change. Since the location of the storage folder is no longer related to the /store directory, I don't know the exact syntax to use to update that line in the .htaccess file. I know it should look SOMETHING like this:

RewriteRule ..public_html/skyready_storage/(.*) index.php?route=error/not_found [L]
However, I don't think the two dots in front of "..public_html" is the correct syntax. I am simply asking for the correct syntax for this RewriteRule, given that my storage is now in "/public_html/skyready_storage".

iPad Wallpapers

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:19 am

Since you're addressing that your storage folder works well in your public_html rather than outside while it should rather be located outside, I will add a comment to it.

As for your .htaccess file,

This line can be commented out since obviously the system folder will no longer contain the storage folder in it.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by glolar » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:23 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:19 am
Since you're addressing that your storage folder works well in your public_html rather than outside while it should rather be located outside, I will add a comment to it.

As for your .htaccess file,

This line can be commented out since obviously the system folder will no longer contain the storage folder in it.
I thought the storage folder needed to be located outside (above) the /store folder, but you are saying that the storage folder needs to be up even further, like above the /public_html folder?

iPad Wallpapers

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:26 am

I thought the storage folder needed to be located outside (above) the /store folder, but you are saying that the storage folder needs to be up even further, like above the /public_html folder?
This is exactly what the FAQ instructs; to move the storage folder outside of the public_html folder.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by glolar » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:34 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:26 am
This is exactly what the FAQ instructs; to move the storage folder outside of the public_html folder.
Ok, I will do that.

When I upgraded to 3.0.2.0, I found the popup message in the Admin panel confusing, the message that says to "move your storage folder outside the system folder (i.e., public_html)". That could be interpreted this way: "Move your storage file under the /public_html folder".

The /public_html folder IS outside the /stystem folder, so I thought that would be sufficient.

In my opinion, that message should be clarified.

iPad Wallpapers

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:40 am

When I upgraded to 3.0.2.0, I found the popup message in the Admin panel confusing, the message that says to "move your storage folder outside the system folder (i.e., public_html)". That could be interpreted this way: "Move your storage file under the /public_html folder".

The /public_html folder IS outside the /stystem folder, so I thought that would be sufficient.

Which is why, the very first post of the FAQ topic indicates the fact on this. Only use the automated move out if you have a dedicated server. Otherwise, this modal window becomes a decoration due to the chance of succession on moving this storage folder outside its public_html folder without crashing. This issue has been investigated a long time ago and the main reason why I have decided to build a FAQ page; to provide guidance to the people that keeps posting about the same issues on a day-to-day basis.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by glolar » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:44 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:40 am

Which is why, the very first post of the FAQ topic indicates the fact on this. Only use the automated move out if you have a dedicated server. Otherwise, this modal window becomes a decoration due to the chance of succession on moving this storage folder outside its public_html folder without crashing. This issue has been investigated a long time ago and the main reason why I have decided to build a FAQ page; to provide guidance to the people that keeps posting about the same issues on a day-to-day basis.
A FAQ page doesn't help the poor sap that is sitting in front of his computer trying to interpret that shitty message on the popup screen when he logs into the Admin panel for the first time after upgrading to 3.0.2.0.

Wouldn't need a damn FAQ on this issue, and people wouldn't be constantly asking the same question on a day to day basis if the popup message were not CONFUSING.

iPad Wallpapers

Location - San Diego, CA