Post by tinytim10 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi there,

I'm new here so apologies if I accidentally posted in the wrong place etc.

I'm trying to learn how to use opencart and I thought the best way would be to get stuck in and just go ahead and teach myself by actually building a test website for myself.

As I am only learning (and the website will be solely for educational purposes) I wanted to use free hosting with a free subdomain. I have got as far as uploading the files via FTP. The next step for me should be to go to the website the files were uploaded to and follow the auto installer.

However, it was coming up with 'Error 403' on the web page. I contacted the hosting support and - long story short - they said I need to "remove the forbidden string 'proxy' from the OpenCart's terms of usage / installation page.".

They said that this issue could also be solved by upgrading to a paid account due to abuse of the free accounts - fair enough - but as I said, I'm just trying to learn how to use it so I don't want to pay if possible.

Could someone help with removing the forbidden string 'proxy' from the terms of usage/installation page?

Thanks in advance!

Post by tinytim10 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Any help would be appreciated. Opencart version is 3.0.2.0 if that helps. Thank you

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:29 am

Well, there is no help, since this is not an OC-related problem. But if you
cannot afford a decent server, you cannot expect to have any influence on
'internal routing', required to allow OC to 'handle' it's Code, as defined in the
configuration + .htaccess files, and set in the Server Admin Section as well.
Your free Server would probably function only, if you SET the URL the regular way,
like yoursite/yourshop/... , it's as easy as that. :D
And for Tests and learning only, what sense would it make, to try it in any other
way in the first place ?! ???
Good Luck!
Ernie

Ernie's OpenCart v.1.5.6.5 LIGHT + OpenShop Admin v.1.75 Test Sites
http://www.ebikes.li - http://www.evelo.li - http://www.openshop.li

Guru Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by tinytim10 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:43 pm

As stated, I have very little knowledge of OC, all I had to go off on that was the support team at the hosts suggesting I post on here asking for help, hence why I did. Also - as stated - it's not that I can't afford a decent server, it's that I would rather learn without having any outgoing costs if possible. There are multiple ways to learn, courses, seminars, reading etc. Regardless, thanks for the help.

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 pm

There are multiple ways to learn, courses, seminars, reading etc. Regardless, thanks for the help.
You are totally right. There are multiple ways to learn, courses, seminars, reading etc. Regardless of which one is being considered to gain the knowledge in general, not only for Opencart and about products and services, each ways will prevail the fact that investment needs to be spent in order to make further investment in order to build our goals and objectives. In other words, if an internal routing mechanism is not a considered option on your current server, it would be best to consider a higher hosting package level in order to sale the goods.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON