Post by foobarac » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 pm

I have installed a module thats shows all the Totals with Tax include (if tax has been added). This is all working properly and fine with all modules i have installed up until now.

I am currently trying to implement a bundle discount module and it is throwing out the totals and of course the developer is not sure if the show totals with tax module is causing a problem.

Tax Class in use is 10% and this is the result of a recent test order:

The Subtotal is $84 (including tax $7.64)
Discount is $22 (including tax of $2)
Tax Included $7.64 (this should be $62/11 = $5.64)
Total $64 (this should be $84-$22 = $62)

My question is specifically (with code examples) if someone could point me to how the Discount can be added to the tax loop so it is included properly in the calculations of all the Totals and Tax ? (remembering of course the Discount has a negative effect on the Total and Tax).

Any help would be appreciated.

Post by foobarac » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Further to this I found that the standard OC modules VOUCHERS and STORE CREDIT do _not_ process tax correctly when it needs to be applied.

However COUPONS does handle it correctly.

Post by Johnathan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Vouchers and Store Credit do not affect taxes in OpenCart, you're correct. They're not coded to affect the "Taxes" Order Total line item at all.

I believe we've discussed this through e-mail, but my guess is that your bundle extension isn't coded to add/subtract to the taxes as well. You should contact the developer of that extension to get them to fix it. (If they can't tell if my Display Order Totals With Tax extension is affecting things, you should just disable that until they're able to make the determination. However, my extension doesn't actually affect the values, only the display of the values, so it's almost definitely not the cause.)

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by foobarac » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:45 pm

Hi Johnathan,

Yes I proved to them that your module is not causing the problem.

The end result is they need to code their discount total the same as how a Coupon does it (which is a standard OC module). They just don't have an idea on how to code the module in this way and hence this question on the forum so I can get them to fix it.