Post by goalsurfer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello,

For shipping I set up a number of "geo zones" (in localization) with each a list of countries with the same amount for the shipping costs. Then in "shipping > weight based shipping" I put something like: "0.30:7.50,0.40:8.00,0.50:8.6,999999:10.00", and enabled. Different for each geozone. Do the names of the shipping zones have a certain format maybe? It doesn't work as it is now but get an error as in the subject line. There is nothing in the error log. The amounts result from a calculation based on the amounts of the dropshipper.

Tax is yet added in the store and works. OpenCart version is 3.0.2.0

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by Johnathan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Your setup sounds fine, but if you're not getting rates then something is off. Double-check your default weight class, your product weight classes, your weight conversion values, and your geo zones (to make sure you've actually added a country+zone to the geo zone). One of those things is likely the issue --- since you're using 99999, it's probably a geo zone issue.

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by goalsurfer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:10 pm

Weight class: Kilogram (system > settings > local)

Product weight class: Kilogram (catalog > products > product > data)

Weight classes see attachment

Weight conversion values: only Kilogram is used

geozones: 11 different zones based upon the dropshipper's data. They have names invented by myself.
Also for UK as shipping costs have the same value as a number of other countries.

each of the 11 zones has a number of countries and then for zone everywhere "All zones"

The number 999999 I took over from somewhere on the web and is only to put a maximum value.

Attachments

weightclasses.jpg

weightclasses.jpg (60.95 KiB) Viewed 196 times


New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by Johnathan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Based on all of that, I don't see anything wrong with your setup. The only other thing I can think of would be that you installed a mod that affects shipping methods. Double-check the extensions you've installed, and see if you can find one that restricts/limits shipping methods, either by product, payment method, customer group, etc.

If you haven't installed anything, then unfortunately I'm not sure why this is happening. You may have to re-install OpenCart as a fresh installation to see if that works, or if you don't want to do that, hire someone to take a look. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by goalsurfer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:47 pm

Now I saw what was wrong: for the Geo zone I tested it out a whole series of countries was omitted. Maybe dropped by the program because the list was too long but most likely forgotten by myself. I'll continue testing and if it's really the program I'll come back for support. Else it's solved. Sorry for the inconveniencing.

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by Johnathan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:24 pm

Glad I was able to help point you in the right direction. Hopefully fixing the geo zones will fix the issue.

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests