Post by exit15 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:12 am

Hi,
We are using OC V 3.0.2.0 with PayPal Express checkout and (recently added) Square Payments. I liked the fact that Square's form is right on the checkout page and decided to look into the possibility to do the same with PayPal Checkout (not PayPal Pro).

PayPal is suggesting that this can be done (here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/#)
PayPal Checkout gives your buyers a simplified and secure checkout experience that keeps them local to your website or mobile app throughout the payment process.

Anyone knows how?
My understanding is that this might have something to do with "Smart Buttons", is this the same as enabling the "PayPal Express Checkout Button" in the Express Checkout extension?
I must stress the importance of using a method that will keep the "seller protection" feature ON.

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 am

exit15 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:12 am
Hi,
We are using OC V 3.0.2.0 with PayPal Express checkout and (recently added) Square Payments. I liked the fact that Square's form is right on the checkout page and decided to look into the possibility to do the same with PayPal Checkout (not PayPal Pro).

PayPal is suggesting that this can be done (here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/#)
PayPal Checkout gives your buyers a simplified and secure checkout experience that keeps them local to your website or mobile app throughout the payment process.

Anyone knows how?
My understanding is that this might have something to do with "Smart Buttons", is this the same as enabling the "PayPal Express Checkout Button" in the Express Checkout extension?
I must stress the importance of using a method that will keep the "seller protection" feature ON.
If I understand this correctly, you want to display the PayPal login form in your site, rather than going to PayPal and then come back to your site?

Location - Worldwide