Post by exit15 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:10 am

Anyone knows what happened to the PayPal Express 'refund' (an 'view' transaction details) functionality in the admin >> orders page. The tabs design from version 2.X was consolidated into one screen on 3.X, but the functionality we use to have under the "action" tab is gone.

In version 2.X one could make full and partial refund, see if the transaction is eligible for seller protection, etc. Now we have to toggle between PayPal and the Opencart admin to process orders. Very inconvenient!

The database table 'paypal_order_transaction' is the same in both versions, and it still stores the same transaction information. It seems that only the admin functionality is missing. Any ideas?

I'm really hoping that this is a configuration issue.

Post by exit15 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:15 pm

Apparently no one is using PayPal Express Checkout with Opencart 3.x. The issue was resolved and it is a bug in the code.
The error was

Code: Select all

Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Syntax' with message 'Unexpected "endfor" tag (expecting closing tag for the "if" tag defined near line 24) in "extension/payment/pp_express_transaction.twig" at line 31.' 
My developer made the following change
Line 25 now looks like this

{% if transaction.payment_type == "instant" and (transaction.payment_status == "Completed" or transaction.payment_status == "Partially-Refunded") %}
and line 29 now looks like this

{% endif %} {% endif %} </td>
Now we can both view the paypal transaction details and make a full or partial refund from the admin order detail screen.
Please someone review this and submit a bug to the team

Post by howdev » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:12 pm

which version of opencart has this fix? OR do I manually replace files. That is unacceptable for a bug that affects major functions of Opencart. The release quality is really bad