Post by Bosh32 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:45 am

Hello

please any recommendation for plugin to import 20000 items? Main feature I need of course is overcome the php limit execution time.

I bought few years ago Hostjars Total Import Pro, but that is dead company. Web site has not valid https certificate for months and plugin show error when trying to install as extension in OC 3.

I select OpenCart over Prestashop, because Prestashop is about 2 times slower than opencart. List of 19 items in admin panel:
OpenCart: 24 connections to DB, 1 MB data of total data
PrestaShop: 50 connections to DB, 2 MB data of total data
19 items, browser caching off.

But is there something better than OpenCart for 20000 items? Or OpenCart is the best for low server resources and what I need is just strong VPS/dedicatedserver instead of web hosting?

many thanks

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:57 pm

You are asking two different questions for one topic. Opencart itself has nothing to do with the resource handling from your server since the server capacity to handle a platform is what really matters. By optimizing your database table fields structure, it will also optimize your database with faster response from the queries and also support larger data - especially with VPS and dedicated servers.

As for storing 20000 items in one shot, you'd need to extend the time length of your query before expiration which, at this magnitude of items, I would not recommend. There might be multiple ways of doing this but the most common approach would be by a custom job by creating a cron task every minute so that each fetched numbers of items that can be inserted are being added accordingly. If you'd like, you could also submit a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Bosh32 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:24 pm

I know I asked 2 questions, I don't think that is problem for anyone.

It actually really matters on application how it's using server resources, but no problem, you aren't php programmer so you can't understand this.

Just for explanation, Prestashop is making double amount of request to database, which cause that it's always slower than Opencart.
I was asking if Opencart is the best from available eshops regarding code effectivity for 20000 items.

What you wrote about increasing timeout, that is absolutelly not needed, there is plugin which split import in many parts by AJAX so it won't cross php_timeout and php_maxuploadsize (again your lack of php programming), plugin is Total Import Pro.
But that plugin is old and not supported (even their web site has expired ssl cert), again I'm asking if anyone can recommend better plugin for import with AJAX and checking php_timeout.

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 pm

you aren't php programmer so you can't understand this.
again your lack of php programming
On your own.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by agatha65 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:12 am

Bosh32 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:45 am
Hello
please any recommendation for plugin to import 20000 items?
Only for very advanced admins and developers:
https://opencartforum.com/files/file/81 ... ys-listov/

Print Version for Product Page and Product Compare Page | Rich Snippets | Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags | Information pages in top menu | Multi-Language Banners, Sliders and Carousels

Location - Canada, QC