Post by mkofirearms » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:13 am

I have setup UPS, FedEx and USPS as three available shipping methods. However for certain products i must enforce very specific types of shipment methods i.e. 2-day air or overnight. In such case other shipping option must not show up to prevent customers from selecting them.

Is there a way to restrict which shipping method is shown to the customer at the time of checkout based on the product category?

Perhaps there is an extension that can incorporate additional 'shipping' tab into the admin side of the product setup page, where can enable and disable certain types of shipping?

i'm running OC 3.0.2.0 default theme

Post by Johnathan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Restrict Shipping Methods. It doesn't modify the admin panel in any way, you set up the restrictions directly in the extension. For example, to limit UPS Ground to only appear when one of the "2nd Day" products is NOT in the cart, you'd use a restriction like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESTRICTION #1
Name: Enable UPS Ground when no 2nd Day products
Shipping Method: UPS
Rule: Shipping Rate is UPS Ground
Rule: Product Group: Cart has items from "none of the" members of "2nd Day Products"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can set up similar restrictions for your other rate titles in Fedex and USPS that should also be limited in that way.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator