Post by miha » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:40 am

Hi,
i like to achive a OpenCart store where i would be able to manage a product in a currency and other product in other currency
  • Product_01 = USD
  • Product_02 = MXN
  • Product_03 = USD
The reason is that we like to resolve issues with exchange rates. Imported products should show in USD and localy produced products in MXN. Finally we would charge allways in default currency.
The current problem is that when I have to upload all products in the same currency and this may lead to loose of money. Imagin Today my Exchange Rate is 1:20 y would convert it but i would have to update all prices of my imported products when the Exchange Rate change.

TODAY (Exchange rate 1:20)
  • Product_01 = 1 USD on Store --> 20MXN
Product_02 = 500 MXN --> on Store 500MXN
Product_03 = 15 USD ---> on Store 300 MXN

TOMORROW (Exchange Rate 1:30)
  • Product_01 = 1 USD on Store --> 20MXN (should be $30MXN)
  • Product_02 = 500 MXN --> on Store 500MXN (OK)
  • Product_03 = 15 USD ---> on Store 300 MXN (should be $450MXN)
I would loose money. What because imported stuff incremented in value. Changing default to USD would make my local produced products to look every day with a different price.

I have not found a plugin yet. Anybody can help me to find a solution witch would work?

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:02 am

Well, OC does not work like this, you would have to contact a Pro, to find out,
if and how such could be made.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by miha » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:37 pm

Thank you for your answer.

What would you recommend in this case. There are so many possibilities to tie something and i am not sure witch way to go... manually update the price with excel macro and import function or some easy modifications to an existing plugin I may have overseen?