Post by zionhealth » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:53 am

I'm having a problem with the Flat Rate shipping extension on Opencart 2.3.0.2, and would appreciate some help. I only have two shipping modules "Enabled". 1. Flat Rate, set at "5.95", and the standard "USPS" shipping module, which has a couple "Express" options selected.

I received a few emails over the weekend, telling me that the only shipping option available for orders on the website, was for USPS Express Mail, which is very expensive. For some reason, the 5.95 flat rate option has disappeared.

After a little checking, it seems that the flat rate option at checkout, disappears, after a certain number of items are added to the cart. The number of items, seems to vary, depending on the item, so I'm not sure if it's the item "Weight" (over a certian weight) causing the flat rate to disappear, or the "Price" (over a certain dollar amount) causing the problem.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to where I should look? The only option that I see in the flat rate module, is for the price, which is set correclty at 5.95, and I see no option in the USPS shipping module that would make the flat rate disappear.

Really need some help.
Last edited by zionhealth on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Johnathan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 pm

Flat Rate does not have any internal "Total" check or "Weight" check, so unless you've modified it, it would be the geo zone that is disabling it. If you *have* applied any modifications to Flat Rate, they would be in this file:

/catalog/model/shipping/flat.php
or
/catalog/model/extension/shipping/flat.php

If you're not sure if it's been modified, you might try restoring that file from the original download of your OpenCart version, and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, then you may have some other mod installed on your site that is interfering. Double-check all extensions you've installed, and make sure they aren't limiting Flat Rate on their own.

Beyond that, you could either get a commercial flat rate extension (like my Multi Flat Rate Shipping) in which case if you had issues, the developer could help look at them for you. Or, you could hire someone to look at this issue for you, if you can't figure it out yourself. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by zionhealth » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:35 am

Thanks for your response. To further explain and clarify:

I add one item to my cart, price =19.98 - Shipping options available are 5.95 flat rate and 23.95 USPS Express Mail.

If I change the cart quantity to 2 x 19.98 (39.96) - The 5.95 flat rate shipping option disappears, and only the 23.95 USPS Express Mail is available.

I am also using the "Free Shipping" module. It is set at 30.00 for free shipping.

When the free shipping module is "Enabled", I get both "Free Shipping" and USPS Express Mail option when the item total goes over 30.00.

If free shipping module is "Disabled" and the item amount goes over 30.00, then I only get USPS Express Mail shipping. No 5.95 Flat Rate.

Post by zionhealth » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:22 am

Ok. Took a little probing, but his one is solved.......The culprit was a VQmod script which was added to remove the "Flat Rate" shipping option, whenever the "Free Shipping" became active. Before adding that VQMod script, customers would see both the flat rate and free shipping as options at checkout, if the cart total was greater than 30.00 (set in the free shipping module).

To avoid this problem in the future, whenever we disable the Free Shipping module, we must also disable the VQMod sctript which removes flat rate shipping option.

Thanks for the help.