Post by kh39540 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:51 pm

The store I am working on is for a non-profit. As an incentive to encourage more donations, I'd like to offer free shipping for the customer's order.

So, is there a way to comp the shipping fee if a particular item is in the cart? In this case, I made an item called "$5 Dollar Donation". If that item is in the cart, I want all items to ship free. Shipping charged otherwise.

Am I reaching to far on this one?

Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 pm

Post by Johnathan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:20 pm

Two options for you:

1. If you want a $0.00 "free shipping" cost to show up on its own, you can do that with Category & Product-Based Shipping. You'd set up a 0.00 rate when a certain product was in the cart (using a Product rule) and then it would only appear to the customer if that item was in the cart.

2. If you want an automatic fee that will give a 100% discount on whatever their shipping option choice is, you can do that with Ultimate Fee/Discount. What you'd do is set up a discount like this, that is for 100% of the shipping cost, and triggers when that product is in the cart:

Title: Free Shipping Discount
Group: A
Charge Type: Shipping Cost
Charge Field: -100%
Rule: Product is $5 Dollar Donation

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am