Post by dhammerindy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:39 am

I am trying to get downloadable content working in a store and I am having an issue with a PayPal Payments Standard setting. At first I forgot to update the payment settings so when I attempted a test order, the order status came up as canceled after a successful payment. So I went and changed all of the order statuses to match the drop down label. That seemed to make the most sense at the time. I did a couple more test orders. This time the orders come up as Pending. The problem with that is that people cannot download the product after a successful payment. This requires a manual order update by the store admin, which is not ideal. What setting or settings do I need to change in order to allow the product to be downloaded after a successful PayPal payment? I should add that the store also has a few products which require shipment. Just in case that creates any kind of setting issue between standard products and downloadable products.

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated. And yes I have Googled the issue :-) I could only find something which seemed to be related to an older version of OC and it had a setting specifically for downloadable content which either OC3 doesn't have or I could not find.

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:09 am

No OC precise version posted.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dhammerindy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:22 am

Didn't realize you needed more than OC3. It is 3.0.2.0.

Post by dhammerindy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:54 am

Nobody knows how to set an order to complete after a successful PayPal payment so a customer can instantly download digital content?

Edit: Is setting the Pending status in the PayPal extension to Complete the only way to do this?

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:02 am

Setting a successful payment may not yet or necessarily mean that the order status has been set to completed. There is a way to force a status mode with PayPal Express Checkout or PayPal Website Payments Pro to auto-accept the orders as being completed. Although, I don't believe this can be done with PayPal Standard.

The easiest way to do this would be with the Opencart email events whenever an email has been set to completed. The customer could get notified about a download or a list of downloads from his account. Although, if the customer is a guest, it may still work by creating a tokenized page from the store-front end in order to download the purchased products.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dhammerindy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:54 am

Thanks for the reply. Turns out the problem was I had a setting wrong. In the PayPal Payments Standard module the Transaction Method was set to Authorization instead of Sale. Once I changed it to Sale the tests orders worked out perfectly and the orders were completed automatically and I was able to access the downloadable content.

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:14 pm

Take note that the Sale intent setting might not be the most resolvable solution for downloadable content. Followed is a quote with the link demonstrating the facts regarding IPN with Sale intent settings inclusively:
Using IPN in your checkout flow
Although PayPal usually processes IPN messages immediately, IPN is not synchronized with actions on your website. Internet connectivity is not always 100% reliable and IPN messages can be lost or delayed. The IPN service automatically resends messages until the listener acknowledges them. The service resends messages for up to 4 days.

Because IPN is not a real-time service, your checkout flow should not wait for the IPN message before it is allowed to complete. If the checkout flow is dependent on receiving an IPN message, processing can be delayed by system load or other reasons. You should configure your checkout flow to handle a possible delay.
Source: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/class ... ification/

Although, thanks for confirming this setting did resolve this issue for you on this time period.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON