Post by Spinner » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:07 am

Hello Guys,

I have searched forums and read many threads about the topic but i havent found what i am looking for.

I am using OC V. 1.5.6.4 and I have created two customer groups one is Domestic Customers (With a special pricing) and another for International Customers (With a completely different pricing).

However, i would need to force my customers to choose a customer group from the above customer groups i have created adding a --Please select-- in a drop down menu and an asterix to the customer type in the registration form, so if not chosen, a warning pop up message appears as to select the group he/she belongs to in order to continue with the registration.

I have managed to change the customer group selection in the registration form to (drop-down list instead of radio) and added the red asterix (mandatory) to the customer type but YET to add the --Please select-- and the warning parts. Now if a customer didn't take action, the registration will proceed and the customer will be added to the default customer group which is in this case Domestic although they are International still.

I would really appreciate your inputs in that matter, efforts and responses are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Spinner

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:44 am

Posted in ... a non-English section of the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Spinner » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:06 am

I am not too sure how that has happened, i have noticed and tried to change that but unable, dunno why!

Thanks for the notice

Spinner

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:08 am

As much as on the forum's breadcrumb than Opencart's breadcrumb, always look at the breadcrumb location before posting. ;)

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Spinner » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:20 am

Thanks a lot, will repost :)

Post by Spinner » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 am

This post has been shifted to this URL: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=202368