Post by junkyfungus » Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 pm

BUSTED.jpeg

BUSTED.jpeg (213.05 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

I hope that by publicly posting this here I can save someone else all the stress I have gone through since January 2018. In the interim maybe I can find a solution to my issue.

As my company grows, we have been opening "hubs" around the world to ship from. Right now we have our main USA hub and another that serves the EU with plans for more in Australia and somewhere in Asia. The key to everything is the customer can order seamlessly through one store and have the cart split items coming from main USA and anywhere else so there are two shipping options. Its tricky stuff but there are companies like walmart and amazon that do exactly this.

When I found the marketplace system from webkul I really thought we found a solution. I set up a call/chat with them on Skype and asked lots of questions. I had my tech guy on the chat and he asked all of his questions. We were told this system would work exactly as we had hoped for, but we needed certain other mods for the functionality to be there.

Webkul offered a significant discount if we bought directly from them and so the total price after discounts was over $1800. We bought all of this mid January.

And so fast-forward to today. Individually the mods work sometimes, but when you put more than one marketplace mod together with another, they do not work at all. We submit a ticket and get the same response; we will look into this and wait for a fix. This has been going on for months and so they will fix something and then anything that was previously fixed would then be broken.

Webkul is so quick to respond that it all works, when in reality nothing works. We've begged, we've pleaded, we've even paid additional for customization because surprise, surprise the mod doesn't work that way. Mind you this is the same mod they pre-purchase claimed was exactly what we needed. Our requests are always met with we will fix this and please be patient. At one point they said well ask for a refund.

As of today none of these marketplace mods work with ThemeBurner and yet webkul is still claiming they do just to get the sale and then its a perpetual loop of support requests met with vague please be patient we will fix it. If you're lucky they fix something but anything prior that might actually had been working stops working.

I've come to the conclusion they are complete scam artists

Location - Munford, TN

Post by IP_CAM » Wed May 16, 2018 10:16 am

one man's speech is no speech, one has to hear them both ...
(bad translation of an old german saying)
But I understand your feelings, still, this has nothing to do with Opencart,
since you seemengly made your deals outside of OC. So, this is just not the
place, to vent your frustrations. And the Company you mentioned seems to
be much more than only a Backyard@Gmail Coder, I assume, that multiple
reasons led to confusion, so better cool down, for your own good... ;)
Ernie
---

Ernie's OpenCart v.1.5.6.5 LIGHT + V-Pro + OpenShop Admin v.1.75 Test Sites
http://www.bigmax.ch - http://www.opencart.li/shop/

Guru Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by MrPhil » Tue May 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Was this thread entirely removed at some point, and then the OP re-created it? It looks very familiar, yet my post cautioning the OP about the legal hazards of making such public claims, is gone. I put a lot of thought into that post, and am very annoyed that someone simply purged it. It seems like it was more than a week ago, which is why I'm wondering if the whole thread was removed and the OP posted it again (which is not as bad as selectively removing my contribution).

Post by junkyfungus » Wed May 23, 2018 1:35 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:16 am
one man's speech is no speech, one has to hear them both ...
(bad translation of an old german saying)
But I understand your feelings, still, this has nothing to do with Opencart,
since you seemengly made your deals outside of OC. So, this is just not the
place, to vent your frustrations. And the Company you mentioned seems to
be much more than only a Backyard@Gmail Coder, I assume, that multiple
reasons led to confusion, so better cool down, for your own good... ;)
Ernie
---
Well sure I can understand that you're hearing one side, but the fact is it does very much have to do with opencart. They are selling their wares in the marketplace and if I can prevent someone from going through months of promises and failures well that's good.

Location - Munford, TN

Post by junkyfungus » Wed May 23, 2018 1:37 am

MrPhil wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:13 pm
Was this thread entirely removed at some point, and then the OP re-created it? It looks very familiar, yet my post cautioning the OP about the legal hazards of making such public claims, is gone. I put a lot of thought into that post, and am very annoyed that someone simply purged it. It seems like it was more than a week ago, which is why I'm wondering if the whole thread was removed and the OP posted it again (which is not as bad as selectively removing my contribution).
No sir, absolutely not. This is my original thread and in no way has it been purged, edited or otherwise changed.

Location - Munford, TN

Post by IP_CAM » Thu May 24, 2018 9:15 am

if I can prevent someone from going through months of promises and failures ...
Well, it's called Communication, and Approval, wich means, that a Custom Modification can
always be requested to fully function, exactly according given Requirements, on a Developer
Test Site first, before a Customer will pay for it in full. This is the usual way of doing Business,
in professional Surroundings at least, where larger amounts of money is part of.

And you mentioned to have paid near to 2K Bucks, what means, that you had a lot of different
wishes, wich probably partly have not been specified in detail, when the Project started first.
Therefore, there is not only One to blame, I assume, and no-one would be able to judge, without
beeing fully aware of, how this project and deal was made, and what it included, from the First Idea
and Order, down to the Last, and where it started to make problems.

That's my impression, from interpreting your Comments. But it's nothing personal, I just try,
to relativize the 'fraudster' statement, based on nothing, but allegations from one side only.
I don't even know anyone of them ... :D
So much to this, good Luck!
Ernie

Ernie's OpenCart v.1.5.6.5 LIGHT + V-Pro + OpenShop Admin v.1.75 Test Sites
http://www.bigmax.ch - http://www.opencart.li/shop/

Guru Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by junkyfungus » Thu May 24, 2018 7:54 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:15 am
if I can prevent someone from going through months of promises and failures ...
Well, it's called Communication, and Approval, wich means, that a Custom Modification can
always be requested to fully function, exactly according given Requirements, on a Developer
Test Site first, before a Customer will pay for it in full. This is the usual way of doing Business,
in professional Surroundings at least, where larger amounts of money is part of.
Its okay Ernie, we're all entitled to our opinions. Of course by interpreting instead of just reading or listening is where most people get it wrong. This is the usual way of doing business in a professional surroundings - its called communications.

:-*

Oh and a quick edit: Nothing custom was ordered. In our pre-order communication we were insured it would work right out the box without customization needed.

Location - Munford, TN

Post by beipink » Mon May 28, 2018 8:53 pm

thank you for sharing,

I have been looking for a solution myself to handle amazon marketplace. Have you found another solution?