Post by Southeastoverland » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:44 pm

I've been communicating via email with someone about this issue but they feel it is a bug and I should report it. In my 2.0.1.1 version of Open Cart it is calculating tax properly for in state purchases. The problem is it isn't calculating for tax when someone chooses "pick up in store". I've searched your forums but none of the suggested fixes are correcting this problem. The store address and tax zones match. Where do I go from here??

Post by Johnathan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:53 pm

Taxes in OpenCart are based on the shipping address, not the shipping method chosen by the customer. If choosing a different shipping method is causing tax to not be calculated, it sounds like the customer is probably entering a shipping address outside your tax zone, and thus tax is not being added.

OpenCart doesn't have a way to change the shipping address based on the shipping method chosen, so you'd either need to get your customers to enter the store address when checking out, or hire someone to create a custom modification for you that always adds the tax when Pickup From Store is chosen. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Another option would be to use Shipping-Based Fee/Discount, which would add a "Taxes" fee based on when the customer chooses Pickup From Store. The only downside to that is that it wouldn't be part of the actual "Tax" system, so the fee wouldn't be part of the OpenCart tax reports. I may be able to provide you with an edit if that's important to you, so if you end up getting the extension and want to try that, let me know. Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator