Post by accessbit » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:10 am

It looks like they have not Fixed ay issue in version 3.0.x
It does not allow me to create any subcategory beyond about 10
It does allow me to create as many categories I want but it puts me one the Parent level but it does not place under another Parent Category.
Dropdown does show the parent category but it does not add to the subcategory at all. It just places the new category in the parent category (Top level)

I have even updated the "category.php" file " $filter_data = array( " field and I have tried by putting the numbers anywhere from 20 to 999999.
Nothing work.

I also do not understand why these guys did not create just a drop-down menu to place the subcategory wherever user want to put. It is bizarre!
I guess it a is a big roadblock not to use this FREE application!
I guess all I have to say to the developers that they are nothing but a bunch of stupid and Idiots!!
Can you help me this issue?
I guess I have no choice but dump this piece of crap.
It is just wasting people time!

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:01 am

I guess all I have to say to the developers that they are nothing but a bunch of stupid and Idiots!!
Well, this is not a very good way, to ask for assistance. And if you don't like it, better just scrap it, if it does not
meet your expectations, it's as easy as that.
Good Luck.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by accessbit » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:35 pm

Hey Ernie,
What is the solution then?
You did not give me an answer.
It is not that I did not like the Opencart, I am just frustrated with this thing and a very simple thing is not made to work!

Post by accessbit » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:38 pm

The Problem is, it does not save the Parent category.
That means let say, I have created a category "Computers" then I created another category call "PC", then I came to the Data Tab. At this point, I place the "Computers" on the Parent filed, then save it. I came back to see it is saved or not. It did not save at all but created as a main category "PC" but not under the "Computer".

I have created many categories like that but all show up as a Main category but not as a subcategory!! That is where my pain is with OpenCart!

No matter whatever I do, I have created many categories but it did not create the subcategories. They all just save in as the Main category.

That is where is the Problem.

Can anyone please point me where is the mistake I am making because I am following exactly the way documents have described.

I am using the latest version 3.0.1

Looking forward to hearing from anyone soon!